Salary: £21,968 – £25,409 FTE – pro rata to hours/weeks worked
Shift hours: 33.5 Permanent
Are you looking for your next Teaching Assistant opportunity? Castle Wood is a forward thinking and vibrant broad spectrum special needs primary school who have received two successive outstanding Ofsted judgements. You will be a resilient positive enthusiastic person who is striving for the best education and experiences for our children.
Castle Wood’s vision is ‘Together children first…’ and we need experienced Teaching Assistants who are dedicated, able to work on your own initiative whilst working as part of a team. You are likely to be working with children who have complex autism, may be non-verbal and challenging behaviours. You may also be in a class with children who have profound and multiple learning difficulties.
Knowledge and experience of Early Years practice and principles would be preferred as this underpins all teaching and learning in our school alongside some experience in a special school. However, what is most important is an open mind, a willingness to learn, resilience in solving challenges and a ‘can-do’ attitude. If you can offer these traits, we would love to hear from you.
To be successful as a Teaching Assistant you will:
• Have obtained GCSE Maths and English grade C / 4 or above, NVQ level 2 or equivalent
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good ICT skills with the ability to use relevant technology/equipment/ software
• Strong team player with the ability to work with a wide range of people including children, staff, parents, agencies and governors
• A commitment to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem, and progress of everyone at the school
• High aspirations for our pupils and themselves
• A good knowledge of the EYFS would be an advantage but a willingness to learn and embrace its practice and principles is essential
• Previous experience of working in a special school would be an advantageous but not essential
We will offer:
• Access to occupational health and counselling facilities
• Employee discount rewards scheme, including cycle to work
• Local government pension
• Excellent wellbeing offer
• Access to CPD and training opportunities
• Enriched curriculum and excellent facilities and learning environment to work in
Hours of work are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8.30am – 3.30pm, Thursday 8.30am – 4.30pm, Friday 8.30am – 3.30pm. 30 minutes unpaid lunch break is included.
School visits are actively encouraged, should you wish to have a tour of our outstanding school please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
Application forms and further details are available by emailing the above email address or available to download below.
In your application form, please detail the skills, knowledge and expertise which are required to become a successful Teaching Assistant and why you wish to work at Castle Wood in particular.
This advert is open ended, however we will sift on a regular basis and interviews will be arranged at regular intervals throughout the year.
Please note we do not provide feedback at application stage.
Closing date: Ongoing
Interview date: Various dates TBC
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.