Salary: £27000 – £27000
Shift hours: Permanent
We are looking for a Sous Chef to lead our hospitality dining experiences with a flourish of finesse and flair.
Our venue is all about quality and innovation, where you will work with the Head Chef on menu development and standards to deliver exceptional hospitality experiences for up to 1000 covers per event, ensuring we never compromise on quality and flavour through exceptional professional standards.
Some of your other duties will include:
- Lead effective and collaborative communication with all key internal and external stakeholders
- Drive sales, manage volumes and compliance through preferred suppliers and local sourcing where applicable
- Deliver client tasting sessions for event planning
- People management of both permanent and fixed brigades across multiple hospitality kitchens on site to include effective leadership, recruitment, engagement, training, development and motivation
- Assist the culinary department to manage and control labour costs
- Take full responsibility for the technical training for new recruits and assist with coaching and mentoring all Apprentice/Trainee Chefs on formal development programmes
- Supervise the delivery of the food service provision required utilising all available resources effectively and efficiently ensuring that all meals are provided to the required quality standards at the specified times to create a consistent customer experience and avoid any service failures or penalties
- Plan food production and process orders via nominated systems and use the correct approved Compass vendors
- Check invoices and delivery notes and report any anomalies
- Supervise the receipt, correct storage and quality of commodities and report any concerns or observations
- Follow all recipes provided to ensure full compliance of nutritional/dietary requirements
- Attend Craft Forums, share knowledge and provide constructive feedback to the Food Operations Team
- Follow all waste control procedures using the Food Production Process (FPP) guidelines
- Assist with the preparation of all function/hospitality menu costs in accordance with the correct pricing structure
If you are ready for the next stage in your career, looking for a hands on role where you can really showcase your passion for cooking and food, add to that working for a world leader in legendary experiences and partnering with a Premiership Rugby team who have won 20 major titles, then please contact us for a further confidential discussion regarding this opportunity.
You will be ambitious, confident, and resilient, someone who take a hands-on approach and enjoys leading a talented brigade.
You will have a real passion for fresh ingredients and enjoy creating stunning dishes time and time again, with a proven track record in high quality environments.
Confidence is key with the ability to demonstrate your own style with finesse and flair and illustrate how you keep pace with food trends and translate them to exciting and appealing menu and food offers.
We have a guest first approach and you will showcase how you are able to adapt style to a broad range of experiences.
You will be commercially minded with evidence of successfully managing costs in line with exceptional delivery and evidence experience of supervising or managing people.
- City and Guilds 706/2 or NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Intermediate Food Hygiene/level 2