Are you a Senior Quantity Surveyor looking for your next permanent role? If this is you then please read on as we may just have the role for you……
Founded in 1968, Griffiths are a sustainable Civil Engineering Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Bristol. We are looking for a colleague who is already within this position; or looking to take the next step in your career with experience working on large scale infrastructure projects. We are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas: Bristol, Bath, Wells, Midsomer Norton, Cheddar, Yeovil, Crewkerne, Shard, Taunton, Weston Super Mare, Bridgwater, Glastonbury, Salisbury and the surrounding areas.
As part of a global business in CRH and a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC, the career opportunities are limitless. We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Managing Quantity Surveyor, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will support and fulfil the commercial requirements of various projects for the Bristol Highways Framework.
On a day-to-day basis, the responsibilities of the Senior Quantity Surveyor will include the following (not exhaustive):
- Provide experienced construction and contractual knowledge to commercial and operational staff on project(s) and directly mentor any subordinate commercial staff if allocated
- Undertake negotiations with all parties and providing negotiation experience and support to staff on projects
- Ensure a commercial review of a programme is undertaken prior to the timely submission for project(s)
- Provide advice to commercial staff in assessing delay and disruption on project(s) as required
- Undertake and supervise the valuation of subcontract management to include timely payment against subcontract and agreement of final accounts
- Maintain regular contact with client counterpart(s) to manage customer expectations
- Support pre-contract bid/no bid estimating support and an ability to influence the procurement strategy when required
- Seek support if required and provide advice to other staff to minimise disputes with clients and subcontractors on projects
- Ensure all contracts and sub-contracts provide the minimum requirement for insurance on all projects within remit
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will have demonstrable experience in a similar role, with Civil Engineering experience highly preferable. If you have an understanding of the rail sector, this would also be beneficial as would construction experience.
- NEC3/4 experience – would prove highly beneficial
- Customer exposure with councils or large government organisations would prove highly beneficial
- BSc or MSc Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral, written communication; and presentation skills with strong numeracy and analytical ability
- Process driven with strong commercial awareness and negotiation skills
Furthermore, experience of relevant construction methodologies, a membership of a relevant professional body and a knowledge of project and risk management would also be beneficial in your application.
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits Package + Company Car Allowance
Location: Bristol, Avon, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/39940/5087