At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer to join our friendly team based in Dunbar Cement Plant, East Lothian, Scotland. We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Senior Project Engineer, as the successful candidate you will be:
- Delivering capex projects safely, in budget and on time
- Supervising contractors onsite within the Projects Department
- Manage issues and escalation as they relate to project delivery
- Ensure maintenance of standard governance and compliance for each project
- Provide programme/project health reviews, and the implementation of any corrective action
- Support post implementation project reviews and the integration of any lessons learned into future project delivery as well as third party project reviews.
- Support and provide responses to any internal or external compliance audits or investigations
- Support Maintenance department as and when required
- Proactively engage in the S&H performance and behaviours of the project team and contractors involved in any project on site, to continuously improve safety practices and standards
- Effectively communicate clearly toolbox talks and serious events reviews to direct reports
- Manage the risk assessments within the department, cascading the departmental task list to increase the drive for safety and environmental competence within the production team
- Responsible for housekeeping and safety standards implemented in all projects on site.
- Participate and contribute towards RCA and continuous improvement plans
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous engineering experience gained within a Cement, heavy industry or a similar environment and will have sound operational and maintenance knowledge.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to influence others
- Excellent planning and scheduling skills, to manage a range of priorities
- Degree or equivalent
- Minimum IOSHH Working Safely
- IOSHH Managing Safely Certificate (desirable)
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Location: Dunbar, East Lothian, Scotland
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/111/1751