Full time, Term time, Permanent position
Location Northampton, Northamptonshire
Who we are: TCambian is one of the largest providers of specialist behavioural health and care services for children in the United Kingdom. Its children's services comprise specialist education, specialist residential care, foster care, and specialist mental health services.
The school: Cambian Northampton School is an independent specialist provision that provides quality and personalised education for young people ranging from ages 11 to 16 with on-going social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH).
As a Teaching Assistant you will need to have a passion for working with young people and want to make a difference in their lives. You will be a highly motivated, well organised and resourceful individual who can demonstrate flexibility and good communication skills. You will be patient and energetic but also have a genuine concern to improve the quality of life for the young people in our care.
The ideal candidate would have experience and knowledge of learning disabilities and/or special needs. Experience of working with young people with SEMH would also be preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Calm under pressure.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- The ability to lead and be led.
- Experience of working with young people with additional needs.
- Good organisational skills.
- Assisting the Teacher/Class Lead in the preparation of the work that is to be carried out in class.
- Supporting students in lessons both on and off site.
- Supporting students to make progression with formal learning situations, with self-help skills, life skills and social understanding.
- To support students through both groups learning and individual programmes.
Why work for us:
✔ Competitive salary.
✔ Opportunity to progress in your career.
✔ Training opportunities either face to face or online.
✔ Wellbeing- Your wellbeing matters to us, and we are committed to ensuring you get all the support you need.
✔ Supportive management and senior leads.
✔ We offer full induction, paid for DBS, friendly family atmosphere and the opportunity to progress with one of the UK`s biggest care providers.
Cambian is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Cambian will conduct online searches of shortlisted candidates. This check will be part of a safeguarding check, and the search will purely be based on whether an individual is suitable to work with children. As care must be taken to avoid unconscious bias and any risk of discrimination a person who will not on the appointment panel will conduct the search and will only share information if and when findings are relevant and of concern.