Salary: £24500 – £24500
Shift hours: Permanent
Overall Purpose of the Role
To organise and supervise the unit in accordance with and to the standards required by Compass Group UK & Ireland, the contract specification and statutory Regulations. To be responsible for the overall efficient and effective management of the unit under their control providing a quality service. Responsible for the preparation, cooking and service of food to agreed standards and specification. To ensure the efficient and economic use is made of all resources, including stock, team members and company assets.
- Understand and deliver all contractual terms
- Communicate any on site client changes to line manager.
- Communicate regularly with client (as agreed)
- Action plans are completed following client satisfaction surveys
- Promote the unit and act as a Compass Advocate at all time
- Ensure all client hospitality is delivered to the correct standard and look to up sell to increase revenue
- Ensure all company promotions are correctly implemented (where applicable)
- Ensure all products are correctly priced in line with ‘Price it’ or in line with client specifications
- Identify any additional opportunities and discuss with line manager
- Action plans are completed following consumers satisfaction surveys
- Ensure all retail areas are always adequately stocked
- Ensure all customer requirements are delivered in line with the expectation
- Analyse and manage effectively all in unit costs.
- Ensure full purchasing compliance of 89 6 5
- Monitor and manage GP
- Ensure cost and sales records are accurately inputted and maintained
- All food wastage is recorded and minimised
- Ensure all customer requirements are communicated to all departments in advance to ensure effective planning
- Complete the One Compass Welcome prior to the commencement of employment.
- Receive, read and understand the contents of the Employee Guide to Working with Compass
- Taking reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or what they fail to do.
- Complete the “Unit Manager Induction – Licence to Operate” within 2 weeks of commencing employment.
- Complete Level 3 HSE e-learning courses as appropriate within 26 weeks of commencing employment.
- Implement all relevant HSE procedures within the unit and review them as appropriate.
- Ensure that all HSE incidents are correctly reported and investigated with relevant reviews of work procedures.
- Ensure that all appropriate HSE information, instruction, training and supervision is provided to all employees within your control to enable them to carry out their work safely and effectively.
- Maintain up to date training records for all employees under your control.
- Consult with employees under your control, other contractors sharing the site and Clients on HSE matters.
- Report HSE issues beyond your control to your line manager.
- Implement the requirements of HSE campaigns that are initiated to improve HSE performance.
- To communicate site and company targets
- Team are supported, trained, coached and develop
- Labour turnover is monitored, and team is fully recruited
- Produce and utilise succession plan
- Ensure everyone is trained and adheres to all H&S and FS policies
- To encourage participation and implement action plan
- Hold regular team talk briefings
- Good Chef skills an advantage
- Good knowledge and experience of working with food
- People Management
- Results Orientation
- Holding others accountable
- Understanding Customers
- Proven experience in managing successful teams in a similar environment
- NVQ Level 1 & 2 or City & Guilds 706/1 and 2
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Experience of leading and managing a small team of people
- Minimum 2 years catering experience
- Excellent financial acumen
- I.T literate