At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Surfacing Supervisor to join and lead our friendly Surfacing teams working across the East Midlands Tarmac business. This role will be based from our Mountsorrel ‘The Hub’ site, near Loughborough in Leicestershire and you will be required to travel across the assigned region and potentially further across the UK; dependant of current works requirements.
This role is commutable from Loughborough, Leicester, Melton Mowbray, Grantham, Coventry, Birmingham, Derby, Nottingham, Tamworth, Lichfield and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the Surfacing Supervisor you will be responsible for the successful delivery of Surfacing matters on behalf of Tarmac to our clients on whose contract/contracts which we are operating. This is to ensure their objectives and targets are achieved leading to the successful overall delivery of the project.
You as the Surfacing Supervisor will also manage the teams on site (either internal or external providers) to obtain the best possible commercial result for the project and successfully manage any challenge process/processes which Tarmac’s client/s may possess.
Other responsibilities for this role of Surfacing Supervisor will include:
- Effective planning, programming and delivery of programme of works
- Achievement of Company and Contractual KPI’s and year-on-year improvement of Contract/Scheme KPI’s
- Ensure change controls are diligently managed on site
- H & S – Zero accidents and environmental incidents
- Effectively manage site teams to ensure career progression and competency is achieved
- Work collaboratively with Tarmacs Health, Safety & Wellbeing advisor to promote best practice across all works
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are being adhered too across all works alongside collaborating, promoting and developing Health, Safety and wellbeing innovations
- Ensure training qualifications and competence requirements are in place and monitored for all employees within their team
- Ensure any CDM regulations (principle contractor responsibilities) are being adhered too across all works
- Ensure environmental processes and best practice across the contract
- Ensure all Health & Safety briefings are delivered to teams
You must be able to travel across the region of work, this could be local or the entire UK – overnight accommodation will be arranged for you
A vehicle is provided with this role so a valid UK full manual car driving licence – no more than 6 points is required to be held by you
It is preferred that the successful candidate for the role of Surfacing Supervisor will have the following:
- You will have worked within a similar role within the Surfacing industry and have knowledge of on-site Health and Safety policies and procedures associated with the role
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team and provide leadership in the role of Surfacing Supervisor
- Possess good communications skills and will be able to liaise with stakeholders of varying seniority levels
- Computer ability to include Excel and Word
- A certificate in Site Safety Management
- Experience in Surfacing Maintenance at a supervisory level, this will be in surfacing works and construction
- CSCS card
- SMSTS certificate
- Have a flexible approach to location and shift patterns in accordance with needs of the business
- First Aid training & Mental Health First Aid Training
- IOSH training
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/65533/3363