Senior Social Worker – Permanent
This is a Gloucestershire County Council job.
- Job Title: Social Worker/Senior Social Worker
- Job Location: Shire Hall, Block 4, 5th Floor
- Salary: £34,723- £42,503 per annum
- Hours per Week: 37.00
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 25/06/2023
- Job Requisition Number: 3965
- This post is open to job share
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Social Worker to join our MASH team.
For all your hard work. You will receive the following;
- Between £34,723- £42,503 per annum subject to experience
- Welcome payment of £4,000
- Annual retention payment of £2,000
- Up to £8,000 relocation package
- Flexible and agile working opportunities
- 25.5 days annual leave rising to 30.5 days after 5 years continuous service
- Plus, an option to purchase 10 days of additional leave per year (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Family friendly employer offering benefits to help support you and your family
- Career development and qualification opportunities
- Supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- An in-house Occupational Health service
- We also offer all children’s social care staff a clearly defined career pathway with support and encouragement from management for individuals to fulfil their potential.
- Employee discount scheme Cycle to Work scheme
- Access to our Social Work Academy
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network
- Paid SWE registration renewal*
*Please note, all our welcome payments and retention payments are non-contractual, pro rata for part time staff and subject to National Insurance and tax deductions.
About The Team & Role
Right child, right support, right time, every time
Gloucestershire’s vision is “to work together to give every child the best possible chance of a remarkable life, especially those children who are disadvantaged and vulnerable.”
We have ambitious improvement and transformation plans to create the optimum conditions within which our staff can make a real difference and improve outcomes for children.
We are a local authority adopting, and training all colleagues in, systemic social work practice. If you would like to join an authority that takes a relational approach to working with families and focuses on what needs to change in the system around a child and family to enable children to thrive, then consider a role with GCC.
Our team structures are designed to ensure there is the right level of support and management oversight available to staff within the C-SPA / MASH. We need resilient, driven individuals who will play their part in making our vision for Children’s Services a success. You will be joining an authority with a strong set of values that underpin the work we do: Accountability, Empowerment, Excellence, Integrity and Respect. For more information about our values, please click here.
As a social worker within our MASH, you will work to ensure we keep the children and young people at the heart of our assessments and decision making. You will work in partnership with other agencies (health, education, police, voluntary sector etc.) to ensure families receive coordinated and appropriate support in relation to their assessed need.
You will need a clear understanding of the principle and function of a C-SPA / Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub and evidence of the ability to determine positive outcomes for children and young people, within tight timescales.
As well as your experience as a frontline social worker, there are some things we require of you to be successfully appointed to this post:
- Social Work England registration
- A recognised qualification in Social Work
- To have passed your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- A full driving licence and willingness to drive
- DBS clearance
How to apply
For an informal chat about this role, please email CSWRecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk with your name, number and what you wish to discuss and a member of the team will give you a call within 48 hours.
To ensure a personalised and responsive recruitment experience, all applicants will receive a call from the recruitment team to discuss this role, where you would like to practice and in what area, and to book you in for an interview.
To access the Job Profile for this role, please follow the link below:-
This Position is subject to a DBS check
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want to be an employer of choice, attracting and retaining excellent people to work for us, so that we can best serve all of Gloucestershire’s diverse communities. Our promise to you is that we will provide an inclusive and supportive working environment that enables you to bring your whole self to work and realise your full potential.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.