At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our friendly team based in West Yorkshire.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Quantity Surveyor to step up into a Quantity Surveyor role.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Joining our team, you will:
- Oversee the measurement and preparation of valuations
- Prepare and agree interim valuations and final accounts
- Record, monitor and review the financial performance of contracts
- Manage financial accounts and report to senior management on the framework performance
- Liaise and present to the client on the framework performance
- Secure payments from customers within the specified contract terms and manage payment of subcontractors
- Pricing and agreement of highway maintenance schemes Target Costs.
- Administration of highway maintenance schemes in conjunction with operational teams including Early Warning notification and the pricing and agreement of Compensation Events.
It is preferred that applicants are educated to at least HND level although other equivalent qualifications may be accepted. Prior experience of working on highway maintenance, highway construction or general civil engineering is desirable. Experience of using the NEC forms of contract would be advantageous. This would be an ideal position for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor looking to step up into a Quantity Surveyor role.
As our ideal Quantity Surveyor you will have:
- drive and ambition to succeed
- good interpersonal skills
- good problem solving skills
- good oral and written communication skills
- numeracy and analytical ability
- process driven
- good negotiation skills
- commercial awareness
Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/102/1069