At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our friendly team in Bilsthorpe, Newark.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
- Be an integral member of the commercial team supporting the Managing Quantity Surveyor
- Build a strong relationship with internal and client counterparts
- Managing commercial projects from pre contract stage through to completion
- Engaging and managing sub contracts including tender enquiries, award and assessment of monthly payment applications
- Support the production of monthly CVR’s
- Produce both internal and client forecasts
- Production and substantiation through to agreement of associated Final Accounts
- Ensure all Tarmac and client processes are followed to minimise commercial risk
- Ensure all work completed is accurately valued and followed through to cash collection
- Prepare and submit monthly application for payments to clients
- Prepare and issue early warning notices and compensation events
It is preferred that applicants are educated to at least HND level although other equivalent qualifications may be accepted. Prior experience of working on highway maintenance, highway construction or general civil engineering is desirable.
As our ideal Quantity Surveyor you will have:
- Drive and ambition to succeed
- UK Driving licence
- NEC3/4 experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Numeracy and analytical ability
- Process driven
- Good negotiation skills
- Commercial awareness
Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/115/2270