** Remote/home working allowed with occasional visits to the Folkestone, Kent office so this role will suit candidates in a commutable distance **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
…And right now, we are looking for a People Partner to join our team on a fixed term maternity contract to support our colleague well-being commitments on an operational level, dealing with ER cases, advisory and providing mechanisms to help identify trends and analysis.
You will need to have a background in Employee Relations, Colleague Well-being and have the foundations of solid Human Resources practice. We really care about our colleague well-being and now, more than ever, we need someone who shares that value to join us as we move into what we see as being a positive year for all of us.
Working with precision and pace you will be used to tight deadlines, multiple stakeholders and leading from the front. You will be coming into a small and busy team and your background and skills will make an immediate impact!
In return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If you are available immediately for this role, then we want to hear from you!
- People casework which typically includes more complex and sensitive cases with high risk to business including absence, disciplinary, grievance, capability and performance
- Coaching and supporting line managers and colleagues in a pro-active manner to resolve cases
- Achieving consistency in application, approach and compliance on the ER casework
- Identifying hotspots and trends using data and MI and identify and provide proactive solutions
- Strong knowledge of 365 applications (predominately advanced skills in excel)
- Supporting policy and design, guidance documentation and toolkits, and the implementation of strategic initiatives
- Treating people in a way that supports our culture
- Leaver process management with alumni intentions
- Confident and able to conduct difficult and sensitive conversations with managers and colleagues
- Effective relationship management
- Good knowledge of Employment Law
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of ER procedures
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of “coding” preferable or equivalent
- A natural curiosity to look beyond the ‘as is’ and explore new trends and opportunities
Our values are:
- Precision Pace – Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
Job Reference: saga/TP/89/1343