At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Operative to join our friendly team based at Tarmac Maltby Blocks Plant, Maltby. We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Site Supervisor you will:
- Safely operate mobile plant and production equipment such as cranes and forklifts as trained and authorised
- Manage stock intake and loading vehicles for dispatch. mooring, loading and discharging of vessels
- Stock movement in accordance with yard plans
- Ensure plant and equipment are inspected and maintained and defects reported
- General housekeeping
- Role model an exemplary approach to health and safety, contributing proactively to a safe working environment and working collaboratively to build a culture of continuous improvement
- Taking pride in all work completed and being determined to succeed
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as a Fork Lift Truck Operative, Multi-Skilled Operative or Labourer. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
Fork Lift Truck license – advantageous
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/117/1564