At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Highways Maintenance Operative to join our friendly team based in Boroughbridge, Harrogate.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a highways maintenance operative, you will be responsible for:
Strimming of grass using petrol strimmer’s
Site clearance works
Boundary fence works
Balance Pond Maintenance clearance of drainage channels and ditches
Small civils works (kerbing potholes and patching works)
Repairs to barrier systems (subject to trainee or trained operative
Minor structures routine maintenance and inspection
Take part in paid winter and emergency callout (subject to training and experience)
Stand in for Ganger through absences and due to volume of works
Minor painting works
- HGV 1/2– Preferable but training will be given to the right candidate
- Experience with Small tools (strimmer/hedge cutter)
- Plant (small roller and mini excavator & loading shovel)
- Operation if IPV, Sweeper and winter gritters
- Winter training or willingness to be trained
- 12A/B Traffic Management or willingness to undertake training
- 12D Traffic Management or willingness to undertake training
- Undertake required training for all activities where required
Location: York, North Yorkshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/115/2017