Shift hours: Permanent
4 on, 4 off shift pattern from 7pm to 7am
Hinxton Hall conference centre is located in Hinxton Village Cambridgeshire, close to Duxford, on the world renowned Wellcome Genome Campus (postcode CB10 1RQ) We are recruiting for a Night Porter to join the team and this position is available for immediate start.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised and well-presented candidate for this shift-based role. As a point of contact for our guests, the Night Porter has a unique and very important role in the conference centre operation. You need to be passionate about customer service and always willing to go the extra mile.
Key Duties of this role are a mix of Customer Service, Security provision and Administrative tasks:
– To ensure that the Conference centre security, first aid and fire safety duties are carried out, ensuring the welfare of our guests.
– To represent the Conference centre by providing reception and front-of-house services to guests with a high standard of professionalism and courtesy.
– Preparation of meeting rooms
Other duties include:
- Check-in late arrivals and check out early departures
- Make and serve light meals and drinks to customers and close the bar as per procedure
- Assist guests with any requests, e.g. information, directions
- Set up rooms for meetings and dining/refreshment areas to set standards
- Carry out Stocktake
- Contribute to monthly Health & Safety audit
- Light administrative duties
- Prepare Laundry for return and complete documentation
- Complete a nightly room check sheet for all conference/meeting rooms
- Raise any repair issues using internal reporting system
- Load temporary staff names onto security visitor system
- Prepare bedroom keys
- Print catering menus
- Respond to phone calls
- Ensure the conference centre is secure for the night
- Complete all incident reports and distribute to the relevant departments
- Prepare light snacks/pizza for overnight guests
- Ensure all tasks are completed and a full handover takes place at the end of each shift
- Attend to and administer if required) First Aid and incidents. It is a requirement to be a trained first aider in this position, we will provide the training if needed.
The ideal candidates will possess:
– It is a requirement to be a trained first aider in this position, we will provide the training if needed.
– Experience using Kinetix (not essential as training given)
– Passionate about delivering a great guest experience
– The ability to work well with all departments to ensure the highest guest experience is always delivered
– Be an effective communicator and comfortable with lone working
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Restaurant Associates provides brilliant hospitality through our food, drink and services. We work with our partners and collaborate with our clients to achieve great things together.Every day, our teams of passionate hospitality professionals strive for excellence in delivering employee dining and hospitality to some of the UK’s leading workplace as well as inspiring exceptional experiences in iconic cultural and heritage destinations.
Job Reference: com/0811/41077001/52605476/SU
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone’s talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive – Diversity is Our Strength!