Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Fitter to join our fantastic team here at our Bayston Hill Quarry site, close to Shrewsbury in Shropshire. The role is easily commutable from Telford, Bridgnorth, Oswestry, Welshpool, Wolverhampton and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Maintenance lead, as our Mechanical Maintenance Fitter, you will be responsible for undertaking plant maintenance, repairs and improvements to ensure maximum reliability of all plant associated areas and to assist team members in all aspects of plant operation.
Your responsibilities as the Mechanical Maintenance Fitter will include:
- Respond to plant breakdowns, when necessary and be responsible for the correct and efficient repair of equipment keeping downtime to a minimum with timely and safe adherence to the maintenance plan whilst complying to all relevant statutory legislation and the internal company Safety, Health and Environmental standards
- Continue to improve plant performance whilst maintaining safety, maintenance and asset reliability
- Contribute to the in-house development of the Computer Maintenance Management System
- In support of the maintenance and operations functions, you will utilise documents, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated guidelines for the safe and efficient maintenance of equipment
The role of Mechanical Maintenance Fitter is a Shift role so you will be required to work a set shift pattern that will include days, nights and weekend working, overtime is also available to meet with our site’s needs.
The role of Mechanical Maintenance Fitter is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires:
- Ideally you be Level 3 Apprentice trained or ONC/NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering would prove highly beneficial although not essential, as we would consider QBE (Qualified by Experience) is in this role – experience of this role in a heavy industrial or manufacturing environment is essential
- Experience of Fabricating and Welding
- Working knowledge of maintenance practices – hydraulics/pneumatics
- Have experience of TPM methodology and Continuous Improvement
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering maintenance principles and practices, and experience of working in a relevant heavy engineering industry
- Knowledgeable in the area of Predictive Maintenance
- Experience in working with a Computer Maintenance Management System
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode & Effect Analysis tools/techniques
- Understands database systems as relevant to planned maintenance and logging of shift activities
- An understanding of mechanical systems including hydraulics and pneumatics and understand National and International codes and symbols used on drawings and specifications.
- Ability to learn Health and Safety rules applicable to each department regarding their own and other operators’ safety
Salary: Competitive + OT + Shift Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/114/3055