Are you a procurement/commercial specialist?
Do you want a challenge and to develop your technical capabilities?
Have you got excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills?
If the answer to all 3 is yes then look no further, this could be the ideal role for you!
What we do?
We provide specialist support to business areas on the direction and process for engaging third party suppliers across the full range of external spend – your role could be supporting our Corporate Services functions or working on Major Transformation Programmes.
We are looking for Senior Commercial Managers who are conscientious about making a difference, saving taxpayers money and making sound deals. Our ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and be tenacious in negotiating with critical suppliers whilst retaining a sense of perspective and reality.
If you would like more information, we are holding an hour long Teams Call on18 September where you can meet the vacancy holder and listen to someone doing the job. This is a great opportunity to learn more about working in HMRC and the role.
If you are interested email email@example.com with your name and email address 24/48 before and you will be sent joining instructions.
Responsibilities – are you inspired to lead and drive:
- Maintaining effective stakeholder relationships to support delivery of a commercial pipeline and inform future commercial strategies.
- Engaging effectively with the market to inform current or future procurement strategies.
- Operating as a business partner with stakeholders and/or programmes to build requirements that suppliers can understand and respond to effectively.
- Implementing negotiation strategies and optimum routes to market to deliver the required commercial outcomes and improved value.
- Developing sourcing events so that HMRC can optimise the value in the competitive marketplace.
- Applying knowledge and expertise of relevant commercial approaches and routes to market, including government frameworks.
- Where appropriate, commercial challenge and assurance of major IT supplier proposals to maximise cost-effectiveness.
Are based on the People Standards for the Profession – The Government Commercial Function (GCF) People Standards for the Profession sets out the standards expected from commercial professionals within Government:
Successful candidates for this role must be able to demonstrate the following essential skills at Associate Commercial Lead level through the selection process:
- The ability to talk to stakeholders about their requirements and then look at the best value routes to achieve them.
- Owning the procurement strategy and running the procurement.
- Ability to align plans and activities to wider strategic priorities by gathering views and input from diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to see the “bigger picture” to achieve business outcomes and make plans that reflect strategic priorities.
Making Effective Decisions / Data Analysis:
- Be able to make evidence-based decisions using data, self-judgment and considering any risk.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks, while resolving potential problems.
- Coach and develop team members.
- Demonstrate resilience in resolving issues and working with others to manage change.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
Salary: £46977 to £50509 per annum
Job Category: Finance