Salary: £22,369 – £24,054 per annum
Civil Enforcement Officer
£22,369 – £24,054 per annum
This is a varied role, which involves issuing penalty charge notices to vehicles parked in contravention of the Traffic Regulation Orders for On-Street and Off-Street car parking locations in the district of Malvern Hills including the towns of Malvern, Tenbury Wells and Upton upon Severn. Work is completed mainly on foot and will involve moving between sites.
The role is full time, 37 hours per week and will require you to work flexibly on a rota basis, covering a variety of shifts including weekends, evenings and some bank holidays.
- We are looking for a candidate with a good standard of education, with qualifications in English and Mathematics, you’ll need to be highly motivated with good interpersonal skills and be able to confidently and calmly handle sensitive (and sometimes confrontational) situations in a professional manner, where being firm but professional is a necessity. You will need good communication skills and an ability to work on your own initiative.
- The ability to travel and patrol around the district and outlying villages is essential, you will need to have access to and use of a vehicle to carry out these patrols (business insurance for your vehicle will be required).
- The role will involve working outside alone in all weathers and walking for long periods, (seven or more hours per day). You will need to be able to work on a rota basis and cover a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and some bank holidays.
Skills and Experience
You will have experience of working in a customer service environment, ideally in a similar role, and you must be able to communicate effectively and work under pressure whilst remaining calm and professional.
Experience of dealing with confrontation and difficult situations, and experience of using a hand held computer would be an advantage, however full training for the role will be given.
Malvern Hills District Council is a great place to work, with high levels of resident satisfaction and motivated staff who enjoy working with us. Located in South Worcestershire the district boasts a beautiful natural environment, a rich heritage and plenty to do and see. Malvern Hills District is also ranked in the top 20 best rural places to live in the UK.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive organisation who spends our time and energy on what we know matters to our residents and communities – things like creating jobs, keeping the streets clean, helping people feel safe and preventing homelessness.
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That’s why, as well as a rewarding career, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as:
* Excellent pension scheme
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Options to purchase additional annual leave
* Regular job-specific training
* Discounted Gym and swim membership
* Free Employee Assistance scheme including access to counselling services
* Free annual flu vaccinations
* Health and Wellbeing support
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Employee Discounts with a range of companies including EE and
* Kaarp discount scheme which provides a range of employee discounts for days out and holidays
To discuss the post or for further information, please contact Rob Rich, Community Safety and Enforcement Manager on 01684 862290 or email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 12 February 2023
Interview date: Tuesday 21 February 2023