Location: Savoy Place, London,
The Institution of Engineering and Technology is a multidisciplinary professional engineering institution. The IET was formed in 2006 from two separate institutions: the Institution of Electrical Engineers, dating back to 1871, and the Institution of Incorporated Engineers dating back to 1884.
As a Assistant Manager you will receive the following industry leading benefits:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 38 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
- Discount off overnight stays in London
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer / give back to the charity of your choice
As an Assistant Manager you will support with the successful delivery of the Food & Beverage Events Operation.
You will be mainly responsible for the set up of all events working afternoons and evenings so this does require someone who is flexible
Mostly Monday to Friday
Job Type : Full Time
- Play an integral role in the successful delivery of events across the site
- To work with the Senior Managers, Kitchen and Events Operations team to plan, organise and deliver a successful operation of our events
- Ensure all events run as per the schedules laid out
- Act as an allergy champion
- Build positive working relationships & communication methods with key departments
- To brief the Hospitality team on all aspects of the business and to oversee the running of all assigned events
- To meet clients and ensure their customer journey is flawless with meeting them on arrival making sure that the event is as they require. Also ensuring that any changes/amendments on the day are communicated on to the relevant people where necessary.
- To lead the supervisors, waiters and colleagues
- To develop coherent, accurate and timely event reports as required
- Ensure efficient and cost-effective management of the business with regards, staff, stock and equipment
- To assist in the development of the operations waiting team, making sure that they adhere to standards set out
- To ensure that all legislative and Government guidelines are adhered to, including (but not exclusively) The Food Safety Act, Health and Safety at Work Act, the COSHH regulations, GDPR etc. within the areas of responsibility.
- To train or provide training to the staff to ensure they operate in accordance with the department standards including any casual labour that may be required. To conduct training in line with the operations departments training calendar and the training matrix. Including conducting Training Tuesdays.
- Implementation of the staff induction and mandatory training within the first three months of employment and monitoring of staff performance during probation.
- To monitor daily the standards achieved in your department, to deliver exceptional customer service and levels of attention to detail and report any areas of concerns to the Deputy General Manager.
- To monitor that all staff present themselves correctly for duty and are well groomed whilst on duty.
- To carry out regular checks in the event areas for maintenance, housekeeping and other health and safety issues. Report these to the Facilities helpdesk.
- To ensure in house accounting policies are adhered to and food standard is monitored and beverages are controlled, including performing stock take in all areas including liquor, equipment and linen.
- To ensure the department/team are in compliance with Searcys cash handling and cashing up procedures and that any discrepancies are reported immediately to your line manager.
- Support with the recruitment and selection of staff
- Deputise for the Senior Manager in their absence.
- To comply with all legal requirements with reference to (but not exclusively) fire regulations, security, licence requirements and any Local Authority or Client stipulations
- To carry out staff meetings.
- To make sure a coherent handover is submitted for the events and any issues escalated to the relevant head of department.
- Excellent product knowledge (food/beverage)
- Experience in F&B operations
- A positive demeanour and attitude to solve problems
- Leads by example by acting professionally at all times
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes the initiative
- Good time management
- Supportive / Team player
- Good presentation skills
- Strong IT/Administration skills
- Excellent customer care skills