Something exciting is happening at Booker! Come and join the fastest-growing food and drink wholesaler in the UK!!
We continue to grow! We have ambitious growth plans, which means we are expanding our outstanding team of Catering Development Managers. As a Catering Development Manager, you won’t be tied to a desk. You’ll be our field-based culinary expert, cultivating strong relationships with our customers to help them grow their business and establish Booker as their first choice for catering. You’ll undoubtedly be able to spot an opportunity, bringing the best of Booker to provide catering solutions that suit our customers’ needs. Keeping your ears to the ground, you’ll be able to make sure your customer’s voices are heard in the wider business, as we strive for continuous improvement.
The customer as at the heart of everything that we do at Booker.
As the fastest-growing food and drink wholesaler, we provide a one-stop, multi-temperature delivered solution including Ambient, Chilled, Frozen, and Fresh Produce, Alcohol and Meat across a national network to a wide variety of catering customers, including pubs, hotels, restaurants, fast food and the cost sector. We are the UK’s leading Catering Butcher, with over 20% of the UK’s master butchers working for us, offering expert advice to increase our customer’s menu options and their profits. Our best-in-class reputation is based on providing our customers with excellent choices, price and service. Our current year-on-year growth and ambitious expansion plans offer our team excellent career opportunities across the Booker group.
The ideal candidate:
- A Food Enthusiast: We’re looking for someone whose love for food is contagious.
- Cool Under Pressure: We want someone who can keep their cool and shine under pressure.
- Master Communicator: We’re after someone with extraordinary communication skills.
- Business Savvy: An excellent sense of commercial awareness is essential.
- Negotiator Extraordinaire: You’re not just good at negotiating; you’re confident in making business decisions.
- Self-Starter: If you’re self-motivated and can excel autonomously, you’re the one we want.
- Team Player: While you can work solo, you’re also an influential and collaborative force within our team.
- Master of Time Management: You can juggle multiple tasks and never miss a beat. Your organisational and time management skills are top-notch.
- Empathetic Listener: You don’t just hear; you listen and show empathy. It’s a vital part of how you connect with others.
- Champion of Adaptability: In a world where change is constant, your adaptability is your secret weapon. You thrive in ever-evolving environments.
If you embody these qualities, we’d love to hear from you. Join our team and be a key ingredient in our recipe for success.
Shift Hours: 38 hrs per week (5 over 7 including some evenings and weekends)