At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Works Manager to join our team at Tilbury Dock Industrial Complex, Tilbury, Essex.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Area Operations Manager you will lead the site management team at Tilbury 2.
- Leading the Operations team and overseeing production daily and for mentoring and coaching team members to develop their capability
- Ensuring compliance of Health and Safety policies and procedures on site at all times
- Ensuring quality of works is maintained at all times
- Developing an operational strategy which considers the development of people, the improvement and development of operational assets and the impact of technology on operational practises
- Working closely with the Technical and Commercial teams to ensure company performance is maximised
- Driving results within the Operational team
To be successful in this role you will possess production and operational management experience ideally within a similar industry. You will also:
- Have previous experience of managing operational teams
- Ideally will have worked within an environment with similar Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be able to liaise regularly with internal and external stakeholders
- Be motivated and encourage continuous improvement methods
- The site operates 24/7 so you would also be required to be flexible with your working hours
Location: Tilbury, Essex, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/109/1456