We have an exciting opportunity for a Web Developer, to join our Applications Delivery based in Leeds!
As our Web Developer, you will work alongside the wider Applications Delivery team to support key stakeholders, developing a customer-focussed experience through design and build of our website with rich functionality to support our members. Working with Microsoft technologies such as .NET Core, Blazor, MVC, ASP.NET & Azure.
In this role, you will make a direct contribution to the delivery of MPS’ Change Programme, developing our online capability, scaling our services globally and furthering our use of Cloud. You will join an increasingly diverse and agile Digital and Change function, helping to shape our operational and delivery processes, with an increasing focus on automation and optimisation. Working in a supportive and collaborative Development Team, you will have the opportunity to share your ideas, help shape technical direction while contributing to website deliverables.
Your skills will help shape the way we support our members and drive a cultural transformation across the organisation.
This role sits under MPS’ ‘Hybrid Persona’ meaning there will be a blend of home and office-based working, to suit you and the needs of the business. This is typically once every few months.
We know flexibility is important to people and at MPS we want you to have the best work-life balance possible. We therefore welcome applications from all candidates, including those who may benefit from flexible working – e.g. part time, job sharing.
- Develop system modifications that meet specific business needs arising from both new and changes to existing business processes
- Support the delivery of products that meet the quality level that supports the overall corporate strategy
- Support assigned projects/initiatives ensuring delivery of projects to time, cost and quality
- Resolve application issues across all environments during all development phases
- Custom application development using .NET Core, .NET Framework, ASP.NET, WCF web services and other Microsoft compatible technologies and other open source frameworks
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in ASP.NET development, .NET Core, C# .Net language
- Experience of working within a variety of project delivery methodologies incl. agile and waterfall
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
Alongside a competitive salary as stated above, you will also receive:
- Up to 15% discretionary annual bonus
- Generous matched pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus flexible bank holidays (option to buy/sell additional 5 days)
- Private Medical Cover
- Healthcare cash plan
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with a NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts from major high-street retailers
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.