Salary: £6.06 – £9.50
Shift hours: Part Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Ward Assistant working within a patient environment. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Ward Assistant you will be responsible for:
-Working with the ward team to develop and maintain the patient environment.
– Providing high quality helpful and courteous beverage and meal service to meet the needs of the patients.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
– To assist in the preparation of all patient food services.
– To ensure that all food is prepared in a safe and hygienic manner at all times.
– Distribution of menu folders to patients. Service of food to patients at designated times.
– Collect, wash, refill and distribute patient water jugs and glasses. – Checking the temperature of food and recording prior to service to patients. – Conduct meal service by attractive presentation.
– Monitor and report wastage levels of patient meals, ensure ward issuesare maintained at agreed levels and ensure stock control and rotation procedures are maintained.
– Prepare and serve a range of snacks to patients between meals or on an adhoc basis.
– Collection, washing and storage of all crockery and cutlery items at ward level.
– Maintain ward kitchens and equipment in a clean and hygienic manner.
– Checking and recording fridge temperatures.
– Clean and maintain kitchen, kitchen cupboards, fixtures and appliances.
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Knowledge of routine light cleaning
- Knowledge of food handling procedures
- Ability to communicate with staff, employees and customers
- Ability to accept and prioritise instructions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to adhere to standards and procedures
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Friendly approach
- Basic numeracy and literacy
Location: Royal Stoke University Hospital, England