Are you an experienced Transport Planner looking for your next permanent role? Then read on as we may just have the role for you……
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Transport Planner to join our friendly team based at our Office’s in Snodland, Kent. The focus of this role will be to work on our project of works across the Tarmac sector of industries. This role is commutable from Maidstone, Chatham, Rochester, Gillingham, Hempstead, Sevenoaks, Orpington, Swanley, Dartford, Bromley, Tonbridge, Gravesend, Rainham, Swanley, Sittingbourne and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The Transport Planner will report directly to the Distribution Supervisor, the suitable candidate for this role will be responsible for:
- Optimising all programs of works maximising both volume and best economic source principals for transport and supplying units
- Provide timely communication to all stakeholders updates on planned solutions to program changes – overseeing daily and weekly programmes including Out of Hours works
- Support fleet, transport planners and weighbridge staff to ensure high levels of vehicle utilisation and low levels of haulier queries
- Ensure that that our internal and external customers receive the high levels of service and communication expected from the office and area based distribution staff
- Cost effective distribution of Tarmac’s product to external and internal customers
- Manage material service levels to external and internal customers through detailed pre planning of programmed works through regular communication with strategic customers
The role of Transport Planner is a Monday – Friday role with a rostered Saturday AM in rotation (Saturday is worked from home) We have core hours but start and finish times can be earlier or later around these to operate a team balance
To succeed in the role of Transport Planner the ideal candidate for the role will have experience of working in a similar role and environment as well as:
- Experience of health and safety procedures
- Ability to build working relationships with customers
- The ability to deal with stakeholders and customers of varying levels
- Experience in planning programmes of work
- Strong IT knowledge and Experience
- Ability to constantly reprioritise and manage your own workload, along with supporting the wider team
- Exceptional communication skills both verbally and in electronic format
Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Benefits Package
Location: West Malling, Kent, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/109/4876