At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Transport Co-Ordinator to join our team in Loughborough.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a Transport Co-Ordinator, you will form part of a team that are critical to the delivery of a professional distribution service to our customers, devising a schedule that accounts for the needs of the customer, optimisation of the plant network and most cost-effective use of the vehicle fleet. as the Transport Co-Ordinator, your duties will include:
- Contribute to the success of the team by providing the best offer for our customers, enhancing their experience promoting Tarmac as the supplier of choice.
- Effectively plan and schedule the programme of works ensuring timely delivery of orders against agreed timeframes with the customers whilst optimising cost through effective truck utilisation.
- Making decisions on optimum fleet numbers, transfers & requirement for hired trucks using all necessary data
- Manage hired haulage cost through understanding Owner Driver earnings vs cost of hiring externally/transferring trucks
- Monitoring real time progress of scheduled orders
- Liaison with plants to ensure raw materials are in place to meet the forecast order and delivery schedule
- Provide customers with progress information of deliveries, in particular immediate notification of late loads
The Transport Co-Ordinator will ideally posses:
- Ability to effectively operate a varied range of IT systems
- Previous experience of working in a scheduling or distribution environment is preferred
- Background in operating distribution and or scheduling systems
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/115/2227