Salary: 8.36 – 8.91 per hour, age dependant
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Trainee Chef to join our catering team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Operate all types of kitchen equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturer’ instructions.
- Reporting of defects to the 2nd Chef/Head Chef
- To maintain and manage the required high operational/personal standard of hygiene and presentation at all times in compliance with the Food Safety Act.
- Compliance to the Health and Safety Act and COSHH regulations.
- The preparation, cooking and service of food as directed by the 2nd Chef/ Head Chef.
- Ensure that assured safe catering principals are followed at all times.
- To ensure that working areas are kept clean and tidy adopting a “clean as you go” policy within the kitchen.
- To ensure that all foods served under your control are served and held at the required temperatures (probed and recorded).
- Keeping the kitchen area that you are working in is clean and hygienic at all times.
- Decanting methods and Fridge discipline are strictly adhered to.
- Maintaining accurate records as directed in the H&S Manual and Quality System.
- To continue to develop ones own skills / knowledge within the position.
Location: Warminster, England