Shift hours: Full Time
To increase testing for COVID-19, the Government has significantly increased the number of centres where key workers can be tested. As the programme ramps up further, additional testing support is needed at centres across the UK.
We are seeking to recruit individuals to work as part of a team of Test Operatives undertaking COVID 19 Swab testing in Bournemouth.
You will need to be available to work between the hours of 8am – 8pm, shift patterns will be discussed with you.
Sodexo reserves the right to alter the site location and close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
The role of the Test Operative is to safely and correctly administer a throat and nasal swab test to key frontline workers who visit the test site, and supporting the overall testing process.
Test swabs will be administered up the nose or down the back of the throat; therefore, applicants need to be comfortable administering tests in this manner.
Before you apply for this vacancy, it is important you take time to watch the below video to understand what the role of a Test Operative entails.
We seek applicants with the following:
- Experience working with members of the public/patients
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a supportive nature
- Ability to physically stand for several hours with good mobility (for reaching into vehicles)
- Willingness to work outside
- Commitment to the work and adhere to the strict guidelines and procedures required
- Native or bilingual proficiency level English
- Experience working in a medical, clinical or health environment is desirable.
- You must be over 18 and in general good health with no symptoms of COVID-19, nor must anyone in your household.
You must not be classified, or live with anyone classified, as belonging to any of the COVID-19 high risk groups (more detail can be found on the government website):
- Must not have a long-term condition
- Must not have immune deficiencies through medical conditions or therapy
Training and full personal protective equipment will be provided.
Please note you will not be permitted to have your mobile phone on your person whilst working on site.
Location: Bournemouth, England