Technology Portfolio Assurance Manager
Full time 34.5 hrs
Salary range: £52,500-57,500
Split between home and our London Office
Our ambition at Macmillan is to reach and improve the lives of everyone affected by cancer and inspire millions of others to do the same. We help millions of people with cancer across the UK live life as fully as they can through physical, emotional and financial support. Our values are at the heart of who we are and everything we do, inspiring our thinking and guiding our actions. Together, we do whatever it takes for people living with cancer; with heart, with strength and with ambition. This role is an opportunity to help design our future and enable us to achieve that ambition.
As a member of the team you will:
- Ensure that the right appropriate level of project and product delivery/ initiative assurance is undertaken at the right time of the lifecycle.
- Support the Portfolio Manager to embed and continuously improve Technology’s governance framework and controls
- Support the Portfolio Manager & Analyst with provision of accurate and timely information on current initiatives and delivery performance for inclusion in relevant portfolio reports and plans.
Your knowledge and experience
- Experience in a project / programme / portfolio office or has experience of managing a project or programme
- Experience of collating, analysing and evaluating data and other information
- Knowledge of project management methods both Waterfall and Agile
- Experience of planning, scheduling , risk management and change management in a programme or portfolio environment
- Strong leadership, relationship management and influencing skills
- Previously worked in a matrix management and complex organisations at all levels
- Previous non-profit experience
In return, we offer
- 25 days holiday plus flexible bank holiday options
- Pension matched up to 7.5%
- Private medical insurance, including a Virtual GP Service
- Learning and development time, including access to external professional qualifications
- Flexible working patterns, such as compressed hours and flexibility to work earlier or later around our core working hours of 10am-4pm
- Discounted gym membership, free wills, social team events and much more
Application deadline is Tuesday 26th September 11.59pm 2023.
In order to ensure fairness and consistency to select the best candidate for this role, all of our applications are anonymised up until an interview has been confirmed so that shortlisting is based solely upon the suitability of the candidate’s experience.
We welcome applications from everyone who meet the criteria and strongly encourage individuals to apply who have a disability, impairment or health condition or individuals who identify as Black, Asian or from another minority ethnic background, as these groups are currently under-represented at Macmillan. Our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy here along with our internal employee representation body, ‘Our Voice’ and 8 Employee Network groups help us promote fairness and belonging, becoming an engaged and inclusive organisation for all our people.