Shift hours: Full Time
We are recruiting a Multi Skilled Technical Services Engineer with electrical bias/training (BS7671 18th edition IET wiring regulations desirable ) to support the Technical Services Supervisor to ensure the safe operation and delivery of hard services in the building. To carry out planned preventative maintenance (PPM), reactive maintenance both in-house and via sub-contractors and minor new works/emergencies as required. Also required to deputise and cover for the Technical Services Supervisor as needed.
· To carry out PPM, Reactive Maintenance and extra works requirements in accordance with set schedules. And service level agreements (SLAs)
· Ensure standards are maintained to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the site systems.
· Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
· Fault finding and remedial works as required
· Weekly and periodic inspections as per H&S Inspection matrix
· Assist with other PPM/extra works related tasks
· Attend weekly site meetings and toolbox talks.
· To provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
· Escort and supervise sub-contractors on site.
· Write and review method statements and risk assessments.
· Provide on-call site cover as required.
· Keep up to date with all current standards and regulations
Liaise with the client as required.
- Good health & safety knowledge and experience.
- Proven background in electrical engineering discipline.
- City and Guilds or equivalent in Building Services or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience of maintaining some of the following; HV/LV, MCC’s, Switchboards, Generators, Lighting, Bus Bars, Invertors, DB’s, UPS’s,
- Understanding of BMS systems.
- IT Literacy essential.
- Experienced in working with CAFM systems.
- BS7671 18th edition IET wiring regulations desirable
- Confidence and commitment to provide a high quality, professional service
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility for the completion of tasks
- Ability to prioritise work tasks
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work required
- Willingness and ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Detail conscious
- Acceptable personal grooming standards
- Ability to perform tasks that require physical fitness
Location: Cambridge, England