MASSIVE OPPORTUNITY ALERT!
Are you an experienced Audit Senior Manager or Director who just loves everything technical about audit? Would you go so far as to call yourself an audit geek? (we love a geek!)
Do you want an opportunity to revel in your technical strengths and pass on your technical genius to the team? Then this is the role you’ve been waiting for!
We have a great new role working within our central Risk and Compliance Team supporting our audit team as a Technical Director with all thinks audit related.
This is a hybrid role so can be based from any of our offices (Castle Donington, Birmingham or London) as long as you’re happy to travel (working from home for part of the week will also be fine) and is a once in a lifetime opportunity to step into given our very ambitious acquisition vision and plans to grow.
About the role…
As Technical Director you’ll LOVE everything about the technical side of auditing and be responsible for spearheading our audit technical know-how and shape the future of our audit methodology.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Providing technical support to the audit team and ensuring that the firm’s audit methodology and tools are up to date and being utilised effectively
- Researching and implementing new audit methodologies, reviewing our audit systems for suitability for growth and assisting with ICAEW QAD visits
- Providing training and support to the audit team working closely with our Technical Training Manager and current technical director
Our client base is varied from owner-managed businesses to pension schemes and from charities to AIM listed entities.
Reporting to the Head of Risk and Compliance you’ll also be involved in the due diligence of acquisitions looking at audit methodology, quality, ICAEW review findings and will work with the integration team around consistency of audit approach and training post-acquisition.
Full job description available on request.
What you’ll need…
As the ideal Technical Director, you’ll be a Senior Manager/Director level candidate who loves problem solving and helping the team from a technical perspective. You’ll also be able to demonstrate the following:
- ACA/ACCA qualified with previous experience in a practice environment, ideally in a technically lead role.
- Exceptional technical knowledge and ability with an in-depth understanding of audit methodologies and practices.
- Strong understanding of auditing principles and standards.
- Experience with audit software and technology.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
What’s in it for you…
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
Cooper Parry’s mindset is simple. We put our people at the heart of our culture. Why? Pretty simple really… if our people love working here then they do amazing work.
That’s why we offer things like:
- Open holidays to take as much as you need
- No dress code – “Wear something!”
- A truly flexible approach to work – “Work From Anywhere. Anytime. Forever”
- Tailored training, development and career growth, empowering you to reach your goals
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme to help you with your physical, mental, spiritual and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities – community is a central part of our wellbeing programme
Play to your strengths, we say. Create a role you’re truly passionate about and thrive.
**We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities’ employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.