At Engine by Starling, we are on a mission to find and work with leading banks all around the world who have the ambition to build rapid growth businesses, on our technology. Engine is the technology that was built to power Starling Bank, and a year ago we split out as a separate business. In that time, Engine has made great strides in the market, and we are quickly becoming front of mind for ambitious banks, and forward thinking consultancies.
We draw upon our experience as knowledgeable bankers, and best in class technologists to become the chosen option for these banks, and preferred partners for leading consultancies.
We are looking for leaders to come and join our team, to find and cultivate new clients, and work with them to shape their propositions, centred around Engine’s technology.
What to expect
As a company, everyone is expected to roll up their sleeves to help deliver great outcomes for our clients. We are an engineering led company and we’re looking for someone who will be excited by the potential for Engine’s technology to transform banking in different markets around the world.
We have a Hybrid approach to working here at Starling – our preference is that you’re located within a commutable distance of one of our offices so that we’re able to interact and collaborate in person. We don’t like to mandate how much you visit the office and work from home, that’s to be agreed upon between you and your manager.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Technical Account Manager for Engine – the core banking SaaS platform which powers Starling Bank and other clients globally. You will be responsible for building and managing relationships with clients, acting as the key contact point to our Engineering and Product teams.
What you’ll get to do?
- Manage all aspects of customer support and experience
- Communicating / co-ordinating platform changes
- Incident management and post incident reviews
- Helping to triage technical issues and queries
- Onboarding and implementation
- Run monthly SLA meetings with clients
- Responsible for ensuring we meet our SLA obligations for our clients
- Work alongside our engineering teams to help define improvements to our platform
- Regularly review and update new and existing knowledge base materials to ensure accuracy and relevance
We’re open-minded when it comes to hiring and we care more about aptitude and attitude than specific experience or qualifications.
- Experience in a Service Desk or in client-facing platform support management
- Strong technical knowledge, able to triage and deal with issues prior to escalation
- Experience in working with cloud-based SaaS systems
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience in incident and problem management
- Financial Services experience would be a big plus but isn’t necessary
The main part of our Tech Stack is listed below, we don’t ask that you have experience in all of this, just an FYI!
- Java, AWS & GCP, Microservice-based architecture, Kubernetes (EKS), Terraform, Grafana, Instana
Interviewing is a two way process and we want you to have the time and opportunity to get to know us, as much as we are getting to know you! Our interviews are conversational and we want to get the best from you, so come with questions and be curious. In general you can expect the below, following a chat with one of our Talent Team:
- 45 minutes with our Service Manager
- 60 minutes with some other members of the Engine team
- 45 minutes with some senior members of the Engine team
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary & group income protection
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Incentives refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.