We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible and creative working arrangements
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
For our Social Workers, we offer more specific benefits like:
- Generous annual leave provision (28 days, plus bank holidays)
- A supportive management team that will champion your learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to free support 24 hours a day
- Payment for business mileage expenses (45p per mile, and for the 2022/2023 financial year an additional fuel allowance for those driving over 300 business miles each month)
- Scalable retention payments to loyal social workers in specific teams after the first full year of employment, starting at £900 which increases during the first three years of service
- A relocation package of up to £8000 for eligible candidates
- Plus, 6 days of protected time each year to enable our Social Workers to maintain their Continuous Professional Development.
Please read our benefits brochure attached for more information.
About the role
Do you consider yourself an excellent leader? Are you curious and spot things that others might not, see? Do you enjoy building effective relationships? Do you like to get the best out of others?
If the answer is yes, then this is an opportunity for you.
We are an integrated health and social care service for adults with learning disabilities, enabling a multi-disciplinary approach to supporting individuals.
We have 3 Team Manager posts available in the Learning Disability Partnership (LDP):
- 1 x Part time (30 hours) with the South LDP Team (based in Papworth)
- 1 x Full time with the Fenland LDP Team(based in March)
- 1 x Full time at City LDP Team (based in Papworth)
We have embraced new ways of working enabling staff to have a flexible and hybrid approach to working from home and the office. We also understand the value to being with your team in person and the support this brings.
We are looking for exceptional Team Managers to join us on our journey. For more information on the role call Nathalie on 01223 699263. Alternatively, you can email us on email@example.com or visit our website for more information.
We know that your time is precious, so our interviews are held virtually, by Microsoft Teams, to provide the most flexible recruitment process. We may include a virtual assessment as part of this, but we’ll give you all of the relevant information ahead of time. Interviews will be held on Friday 3rd February.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidates will be energetic and motivated health or social care professionals with a commitment to excellence in practice.
We are looking for confident and dynamic individuals who enjoy making a difference, building relationships and can successfully lead an integrated team.
- Be a qualified Social Worker with a Social Work England registration or equivalent health qualification
- Have proven knowledge and understanding of relevant Social Care and Health policy and practice in relation to the provision of services.
- Have the ability to work from a variety of locations and travel countywide independently
For a full list of the requirements of the role, please check out the Job Description and Person Specification.
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.