We are Eden Futures. We deliver exceptional support to people diagnosed with a learning or physical disability, acquired brain injury, autism or a mental illness.
THIS IS A SPLIT POSITION OF 22.5 HOURS PER WEEK AS A TEAM MANAGER AND 15 HOURS PERFORMING SUPPORT WORKER DUTIES.
We are looking to recruit a Team Manager within our Supported Living Services based in Preston. As the Team Manager you will be responsible for providing clear and structured day to day leadership, and support to the local team to ensure the highest quality of service is delivered.
Successful candidates will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check prior to commencing employment.
- Take your Birthday off plus 25 days holiday
- Free DBS Check
- Continuous Learning & Development opportunities – including access to bespoke training, Apprenticeships in Health & Social Care and Business and Leadership & Management
- Opportunities to develop through Eden’s Aspire programmes such as our Leadership Development Programme
- Health Cash Back and Pension Scheme
- Eligible for £500 bonus through our refer a friend scheme (unlimited referrals)
- Enhanced pay for maternity or paternity leave
- Blue Light Discount Scheme
- Eligibility for COSTCO membership
- Be vigilant and proactive in reporting any safeguarding concerns you may have about vulnerable individuals in your care
- Proactively assist in seeking out new opportunities for growth and development of the service whilst protecting and safeguarding the Company’s values and culture
- Ensure that all new team members are appropriately recruited into the Company and analyse initial training and development needs
- Work in conjunction with the training team to ensure all staff receive the correct training
- In conjunction with the management team, recruit and select new staff taking an active part in the interview process
- Lead staff in enabling the service users to live fulfilling lives based around their individual needs and aspirations
- Attend interviews for potential new packages of care and support as required with the senior management team
- Ensure appropriate risk assessments are in place and implemented to safeguard the wellbeing of service users
- Implement induction/assessment programmes for all new service users, in conjunction with the wider management team
- Understand and promote a person centred and needs led approach to deliver a quality service which fully complies with the Eden philosophy, values, policies and procedures
- Understand the wider implications of the business in relation to the commissioning process, audit and inspection (CQC etc.)
- Always promote a professional image of the service and the Company.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders i.e. Adult Social Care & Health, CCG’s etc
- Ensure effective communication is established and maintained throughout the service and with external agencies, service users and their circle of support
- Ensure effective partnership working with external training and provider / agencies (i.e. NAS, SaLT and psychology services)
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong supervisory skills with the ability to support and develop a team
- Be qualified to a minimum standard of Level 2 in Health and Social Care
- Ideally you will have previous experience in a Supported Living or Residential service
- Experience of working with adults with Learning Disabilities or Mental Health conditions is preferable
- Be willing to undertake further training or development (Health and Social Care Level 3 or 4 and Diploma in Management Level 5 if applicable)
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, demanding role
About the Company
Eden Futures is about enabling people to live fulfilling lives in whatever circumstances people choose. We support people to be as independent as possible to achieve what they want to with their lives.
Our overall aim as an organisation is to provide a high-quality service that empowers Service Users to lead normal lives, and to be the provider of choice.
We are proud to have the Advanced (Gold) Investors in People (IIP) standard, which put us in the top 2% of organisations internationally that are part of IIP!