Salary: £26,707 – £35,585 per annum + £3,000 Market Rate Supplement
37 Hours Per Week and Full Time
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 7SA
Newcastle College require a dedicated, enthusiastic and qualified person to take on the role of Teacher of Maths.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
1. To teach Functional Skills and/or GCSE Maths to both adults and students aged 16-18 years old using a variety of teaching methods.
2. To work with the maths team to develop schemes of learning, lesson plans and new teaching materials.
3. To work with the maths team to devise and implement a range of assessment materials.
4. To assess student work and provide feedback to support learners to develop their skills and maximise their potential.
5. To contribute to strategies to improve student achievement, attendance and retention.
The role may involve undertaking a range of programme leadership, tutorial and programme administration duties.
This post requires a strong background in maths and the candidate must have proven track record of teaching GCSE and/or Functional Skills.
The candidate must hold a teaching qualification and English and maths qualifications at minimum level 2.
An ability to self-manage workload, meet deadlines alongside strong oral and written communication skills and good IT skills are also essential. The hours of work will be flexible and may include evening and weekends according to demand. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a well-motivated, cohesive and successful team.
The English and Maths department is a well-respected and positive place to work, where colleagues work effectively together to ensure all stakeholders get the best value from every aspect of the curriculum.