Salary: £9.65 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
We’re currently recruiting a dedicated Switchboard Operator to help ensure the smooth running of the operations in Healthcare on a full time basis, contracted to 37.5 hours per week.
As a Switchboard Operator, you will use your skills to maintain a high standard of quality work. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
- Sort and dispatch calls and e-mails to the relevant department accurately within a timely manner
- Update and amend information when changes occur
- Ability to record accurate times and dates of all untoward incidents and complaints requiring Switchboard involvement.
- Resolve stakeholder queries competently and enthusiastically to represent our organisation in a professional light
- Previous experience in this role/similar position is essential
- Excellent telephone manner, with the ability to communicate effectively and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Exceptional organisation skills with the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft systems to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.