Shift hours: Permanent
The main purpose of the role is to support transformation in the way Foodbuy operates when it comes to sustainability, to ensure the Foodbuy supply chain delivers against the sustainability strategy including the 2030 Net Zero commitment.
The Sustainability Specialist will need to work collaboratively and engage with multiple internal stakeholders across all Foodbuy functions, Compass sectors, external clients and the Foodbuy supply base to execute key elements of the strategy.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support execution of the sustainability strategy & roadmap, short, medium and long term
- Progressing actions from the net zero workstreams with a specific focus on the procurement workstream
- Ongoing collaboration and communication with key stakeholders in Foodbuy and externally to inspire action & change
- Work with the data, IT & finance team to support development & implementation of systems & processes to measure performance & drive continuous improvement across the sustainability agenda
- Actively engage & collaborate with suppliers to understand & monitor their sustainability strategies & net zero roadmaps
- Support holding suppliers to account on commitments made
- Engagement with clients with the sales & account team to create & deliver value
- Actively participate in external webinars and networking events to build knowledge, reputation and Foodbuy brand
- An optimistic, energetic & passionate team player
- Builds strong relationships & has good communication skills
- Adapts quickly to change & see’s projects through from start to finish
- Good organsiation & prioritisation skills
- Ability to manage time and expectations effectively and stay in control • Ability to operate at pace and use initiative in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Good attention to detail
- An ability to manage and interpret data to support making effective decisions
- Commercial outlook
Location: Chertsey, Surrey