Supervising Social Worker – Permanent
- Job Title: Fostering Supervising Social Worker (Children’s Social Care)
- Job Location: Shire Hall
- Salary: £32,909 – £36,298 per annum
- Hours per Week: 37.00
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 29/05/2023
- Job Requisition Number: 2138
- This post is not open to job share
We are currently recruiting for a Supervising Social Worker to join our Family Link team within the Fostering service.
Reward and support
For all your hard work, you will receive the following:
- £32,909 – £36,298 per annum subject to experience
- Annual retention payment of £2,000
- Up to £8,000 relocation package
- Flexible and agile working opportunities
- 25.5 days annual leave rising to 30.5 days after 5 years continuous service
- Option to purchase 10 days of additional leave per year (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Family friendly policies and benefits to help support you and your family
- Supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- An in-house Occupational Health service
- Employee discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice green car scheme (T&Cs apply)
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) and the Young Employees Network
- Career development and qualification opportunities
- Access to our Social Work Academy
- Paid SWE registration renewal*
Right child, right support, right time, every time
Gloucestershire’s vision is “to work together to give every child the best possible chance of a remarkable life, especially those children who are disadvantaged and vulnerable.”
We have ambitious improvement and transformation plans to create the optimum conditions within which our staff can make a real difference and improve outcomes for children.
We are a local authority adopting, and training all colleagues in, systemic social work practice. If you would like to join an authority that takes a relational approach to working with families and focuses on what needs to change in the system around a child and family to enable children to thrive, then consider a role with GCC.
About the team
Family Link Plus offers short breaks/respite to children with disabilities and profound physical, care and health needs. We recruit, assess, approve, train and support Family Link Foster Carers from diverse backgrounds who provide short breaks in their homes, CYP homes or in the local community.
Short breaks/respite are regular provisions ranging from a few hours per month to frequent overnight stays, day care and tea visits. We support CYP by providing a diverse range of opportunities for them to develop positive relationships outside of the family home, they are supported to access community resources, or engage in other activities based on their likes, wishes, ambitions and aspirations.
Our provision of short breaks/respite allows families and carers time away from the intensity of their care responsibilities, the opportunity to have some respite and spend quality time with other members of their household who would not otherwise benefit from one to one quality time with their parents/carers.
We are a small supportive team and we strive to provide the very best quality service to CYP, families and foster carers. We recognise the diverse skills across the team, celebrate success and work in partnership to ensure that we deliver an exceptionally high standard of service to the communities we serve.
You will understand the importance of supporting foster carers so that they can help our children and young people to thrive. As well as having a positive attitude, good problem-solving skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills, you will need a keen eye for detail to develop and roll-out this new initiative in Gloucestershire in collaboration with the Service Manager for Permanence and Fostering Network colleagues.
If you are highly motivated and would like to join our friendly Fostering Service, you will receive regular reflective supervision, evidence-based training, and support to develop and progress, then please contact us. We need well informed and dynamic individuals who are familiar with Fostering Regulations and processes, but who also want to be part of a team who genuinely want to make a difference for children and young people.
There are some things we require of you to be successfully appointed to this post:
- Social Work England registration
- A recognised qualification in Social Work
- Where it is possible, to have passed your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- A full driving licence and willingness to drive
- DBS clearance
How to apply
For an informal chat about this role, please contact Tammy.Wheatley@gloucestershire.gov.uk or apply online for your application to be reviewed.
*Please note that our welcome payments and retention payments are subject to tax and national insurance deductions
To access the Job Profile for this role, please follow the link below:-
Supervising Social Worker Job Profile
This Position is subject to a DBS check.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want to be an employer of choice, attracting and retaining excellent people to work for us, so that we can best serve all of Gloucestershire’s diverse communities. Our promise to you is that we will provide an inclusive and supportive working environment that enables you to bring your whole self to work and realise your full potential.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.