Are you looking for the next step in your career? Ready to breakthrough into a firm where you are supported and trusted to work autonomously and take ownership of your own client portfolio?
This is an opportunity to work in Cooper Parry’s fastest growing team, supporting complex, captivating and stimulating fast-growth technology clients.
You will play a pivotal role in providing impeccable Year-End Statutory Accounting and Tax Compliance services to our clients.
Reporting into the Compliance Manager, you will be commercially focused and client-centric, taking the time to liaise with C-suite individuals to ensure that all relevant company information is gathered seamlessly, and the company’s accounts and tax compliance documents are prepared, and effective insight provided to company management.
A day in the life of a CP Statutory Accountant…
- Review lead schedules prepared by the management accounts teams and clients as appropriate
- Review and carry out reconciliation checks on items such as: Equity Investment; Payment Portals, Share Options, Fixed Assets, Payroll and VAT returns
- Prepare Statutory Accounts and file these with Companies House
- Prepare Corporation Tax Computations and File Tax Returns Follow up with Companies house and HMRC where required
- Effectively handling ad-hoc client queries on compliance
- Working independently within a team whilst providing mentoring of junior members within the team
What you’ll need…
- Qualified member of an accounting body, specifically ACCA, ACA or CA
- Experience in preparing statutory accounts under FRS102
- Experience in preparing non-complex Corporation Tax Return
- Effective time-management as you will be managing multiple stakeholders and projects at the same time
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior members of the team
- A great communicator who excels at building strong and trusting relationships (internally and externally)
- Extensive accounts preparation software knowledge would be ideal
- Past experience in company secretarial work though not essential
What’s in it for you…
We’ve always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
Cooper Parry’s mindset is simple. We put our people at the heart of our culture. Why? Pretty simple really… if our people love working here then they do amazing work.
That’s why we offer things like:
- A streamlined, client-focused service free from unnecessary red tape
- Encouraged and entrusted to do what you do best
- Open holidays – take as much as you need
- No dress code – “Wear something!”
- A truly flexible approach to work – “Work From Anywhere. Anytime. Forever”
- Tailored training, development and career growth, empowering you to reach your goals
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme to help you with your physical, mental, spiritual and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities – community is a central part of our wellbeing programme
Play to your strengths, we say. Create a role you’re truly passionate about.
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.