What: Specialist Dietitian (Band 6 equivalent)
Salary: Up to £44,749 per year (Dependent on experience)
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Hours: 40 hours a week (hybrid working to be considered)
Are you interested in a career in the field of mental health dietetics? We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Registered Dietitian to join our team of dietitians working within our specialist mental health services for individuals with acquired brain injury or neurodegenerative conditions.
We are looking for a motivated Dietitian wanting to either expand or develop their skills, or learn new skills within an inpatient neuropsychiatric service. The post holder will work across three services and have a base of the closest location to their home address to support with travel expense claims:
- Cygnet Pindar House, Barnsley is a 22-bed Neuropsychiatric rehabilitation facility for men affected by acquired brain injuries. Online at: https://www.cygnethealth.co.uk/locations/cygnet-pindar-house/
- Cygnet Newham House, Middlesbrough is our Neuropsychiatric care and treatment facility for women, a first for Cygnet Health Care, comprising 20-bed hospital. Online at: https://www.cygnethealth.co.uk/locations/cygnet-newham-house/
- Cygnet St William’s, Darlington is a 12-bed Neuropsychiatric service offering care and treatment to those affected by acquired brain injuries. Online at: https://www.cygnethealth.co.uk/locations/cygnet-st-williams/
All locations provide treatment for individuals affected by a range of neurological conditions. The hospitals are a safe and secure place to aid recovery as well as offering those diagnosed with a progressive neurological disease, like Huntington’s Disease, a caring and long-term placement to support and help manage the progression of their symptoms. The services are able to accept unplanned, often urgent admissions where a service user requires a safe place to start treatment at the earliest possible time.
What we want from you?
The Dietetic work will vary between a direct caseload, unit-based clinics and group work; managing a range of complex presentations including nutrition support, weight management and a Food First approach. The post-holder will provide a full Dietetic assessment of individuals’ needs, resulting in individualised dietetic plans and work in close collaboration with the catering team, Speech and Language Team and wider multi-disciplinary team to provide specialist advice on oral and alternative feeding regimes. This role will also include delivering training at wider Cygnet Group.
Candidates should be a Registered Dietitian, preferably with some experience of working in either a neurorehabilitation or mental health setting, with excellent communication and IT skills. A working knowledge of neurorehabilitation would be desirable. We have a robust clinical supervision structure and you would have opportunities to receive formal and informal training. You will receive regular peer supervision, with a strong emphasis placed on Continued Professional Development.
We are looking for a Specialist Dietitian with:
- A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Dietetics, registration with HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) and membership of the BDA (British Dietetic Association).
- Able to meet the requirements of the Job Description.
- Experience in the field of neurorehabilitation and neurodegenerative conditions evidenced by sound clinical knowledge.
- Strong interest and/or experience in delivering training programmes.
- Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
- Excellent communication / time management skills.
- Enthusiasm, motivation and passion.
What is exciting about this post?
The diversity of the role and integrating to three teams will open up the opportunities for your growth and development. Working alongside different teams you will advance you skills and be able to provide high level and intensive support to those that need it the most. The post holder will also have the opportunity to participate in policy development, audit, research activities, pathway development, staff and student training at both a local and national level.
Will there be other dietitians?
This post is part of a wider national dietetics team at Cygnet. Members of the team provide services to children and young people, eating disorders, learning disabilities, brain injury and mental health inpatient services. Everyone has a dedicated onsite line manager for day to day support and then an additional tier of professional and clinical support from our Director of Speech and Language Therapy and Dietetics. We also have a team of 55 Speech and Language Therapists who work closely with our Dietitians for dysphagia management including non-oral feeding regimes.
Flexible working requests may be considered.
What else is on offer?
In return for your commitment and dedication we offer:
- Excellent Clinical Supervision, CPD and developmental opportunities for clinical and non-clinical duties
- Full support from an onsite multidisciplinary team
- Appraisal and peer supervision with other Dietitians
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free meals on duty
- Employee rewards and discount benefits scheme including NHS discounts and cycle to work scheme.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, providing fitness programmes, nutrition consultation and health checks.
- Full induction training
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you. For further information about the role, please contact Celia Jarvis, Recruitment Team Leader (07702 847 341) or Dominique St Clair Miller, Director of SLT & Dietetics – Healthcare (07885 476 384).
Please note vacancy may close prior to this date if a large number of applications are received.
Job Reference: CYG35015