In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a Sommelier to join the Latymer Restaurant here at Pennyhill Park.
Latymer – Pennyhill Park’s fine dining restaurant offering bold flavours in dishes using locally sourced ingredients inspired by the seasons. Awarded a Michelin star for 2021 and 4 AA Rosettes, you can experience exquisite tasting menus for dinner.
Head Chef Steve Smith is widely regarded as one of the most inventive and gifted chefs of his generation. Renowned for his modern British cooking, founded on using the finest seasonal ingredients available. Steve has held a Michelin star for the last twenty years, also earning Five AA Rosettes, 8/10in the Waitrose Good Food Guide and winning a Catey Award for Chef of the Year in 2014.
The Sommelier will be responsible for;
- Ensuring all areas are properly stocked and set up ready for service
- Delivering an effective wine and beverage service in the restaurant
- Full knowledge of the wine list in order to assist guest with their choices, being able to make appropriate recommendations where necessary
- Being aware of all bookings and any special guest requirements
- Updates to the hotel wine selections and listings
- Run any wine tasting sessions as required by the team
- Resolving any guest queries relating to wine and drink service
- Carry out any wine training to assist with knowledge of the front of house team
- Stock and inventory control
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Sommelier will;
- Have a good understanding of our menus and beverage offerings within the Latymer restaurant
- Have a basic understanding of cost control.
- Have an understanding of wine GP%
- Previous experience as a Sommelier in a Fine Dining restaurant would be preferable
- WSET level 2 would be an advantage
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage.
- 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- We operate a discretionary service charge system.
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free
- Recognition and rewards scheme
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
- We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.