Salary: Up to £50,000
Shift hours: Permanent
The Technology Development team is responsible for design, build and system test across a suite of applications to shape solutions that can support our business and add value to the services we provide.
The Software Developer Team Leader will work across the Compass UK & Ireland business sectors and supporting functions to support the implementation of strategic and tactical systems. They will lead a small in-house development team and work with other Digital and Technology teams, key 3rd strategic partners and the wider business enhancing and developing the existing Compass web applications and supporting the integration of SAAS based applications with Compass in-house systems such as SAP.
- To work with our Business Partnering and Architecture teams to manage the demand pipeline and capital investments determining business readiness, rationale, priorities and ROI
- With the support of our team of Architects, to interpret requirements & drive out solutions
- To work with our external development partners and perform code reviews when delivering new web applications. This will include internally developed applications and integration with SAAS based applications.
- To provide full stack web app technical capabilities to our Product Support team
- Work collaboratively with other IT project teams to ensure quality solutions are delivered
- To coach & mentor junior developers within the team
- Develop product roadmaps and services to support decommissions, enhancements and any rationalisation that deliver UK&I or sector wide value
We are looking for an experienced full stack web developer who ideally has experience of integrating web applications to other in-house and SAAS based solutions. You’ll have excellent time management and prioritisation skills as there are a high volume of work requests. You’ll engage with a variety of stakeholders and be involved in ongoing process improvements, so the ability to adapt to change is important.
- Able to demonstrate a maturity in approach when engaging with and supporting the IT Leadership team & the wider Business in general.
- The job holder must have excellent communication, listening and negotiation skills in order to articulate ideas and thoughts clearly through various means, including written and oral communications with all levels of the organisation.
- Possess excellent organisational & analytical skills with an ability to work independently.
- A ‘can do’ attitude with a proven ability to work at pace and drive change in an organisation.
- Ability to work on their own, to meet project timelines and drive out resolutions to problems.
- Demonstrate good problem-solving abilities with the necessary urgency and responsiveness to incidents, problems and their resolution
- An organised working practice with a mature and calm approach to all user situations
- A passion for good coding practices & designs
- Excellent HTML/CSS Skills.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant server-side technologies: C# .net, Java, Nodejs
- Extensive experience creating and working with web services; SOAP, API, Restful Json.
- Good experience with Relational databases: Microsoft SQL, DB2
- Version Control: GIT, Subversion