Salary: £9.00 – £9.20
Shift hours: Part Time
To provide a food service to the agreed standards in accordance with the Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators specified in the service contract
To provide a high standard of cleaning service within contracted buildings and assist generally with any onsite preparation, presentation and service of food and beverages within the Company’s standards and the contract specification.
- Full working knowledge of the areas in the building which are covered by the services run by Sodexo
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance and general cleanliness to comply with statutory and Company regulations, wearing company uniform as required for the role.
- Control stock, disposables and cleaning material stores to an acceptable level, ensuring stock rotation and safety in storage.
- Be aware of the condition of the equipment, report any faults to the Catering Team Leader and ensure equipment is not used until safe.
- Comply with all Sodexo Company policies/procedures and client site rules and regulations.
- Comply with all Company & Client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place.
- To ensure that the preparation, presentation and service are carried out to comply with company standards.
- To ensure that all products are well presented and served in a clean, hygienic environment.
- To provide an efficient, caring and friendly service to customers in all areas of the catering department and deal with customer requests promptly.
- To ensure that the counter presentation, back up and service is to the Company’s standard.
- To ensure that all areas under your control are left clean and tidy at the end of each service following the close down procedure
- Undertake all aspects of cleaning equipment, walls (up to 6ft), fixtures, fittings, pots, pans, cutlery, crockery, glassware, microwaves etc., to the required standards according to the cleaning schedule or as directed
- Ensure that the safety signage is used appropriate at all times, e.g. wet floor signs and warn customers where possible.
- Participate in any necessary training and team meetings as required to complete job responsibilities to the Company and client’s standards.
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers and clients in all areas of service, which Sodexo provide.
- Report any customer complaints or compliments to Catering Team Leader.
- Report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, or near miss to the Catering Team Leader.
- Cover in other areas during periods of holidays and sickness when requested by the Catering Team Leader or Soft Services Supervisor.
- Work as a team to promote harmonious working relationships within the Sodexo team
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management.
- Proven experience in working in food service, catering and/or hospitality industry
- Industry acumen and knowledge of cleaning and catering services
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in a standards /compliance environment
Location: DUNFERMLINE, Scotland