We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible and creative working arrangements
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
For our Social Workers, we offer more specific benefits like:
- Generous annual leave provision (28 days, plus bank holidays)
- A supportive management team that will champion your learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to free support 24 hours a day
- Payment for business mileage expenses
- Scalable retention payments to loyal social workers in specific teams after the first full year of employment, starting at £900 which increases during the first three years of service
- A relocation package of up to £8000 for eligible candidates
- Plus, 6 days of protected time each year to enable our Social Workers to maintain their Continuous Professional Development.
Please read our benefits brochure attached for more information.
About the role
We are looking for a Social Worker to join us within the 0-25 Disability Social Care Service as part of our Disabled Children’s Referral and Access Team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a lively and dynamic team which acts as the first point of contact for all new referrals for disabled children requiring a social care assessment across Cambridgeshire.
We are looking for a Social Worker who is highly motivated, experienced and committed to working with disabled children and their families. The role offers excellent training opportunities and a chance to play a real part in the creation of something great.
You will be based at the Buttsgrove Centre in Huntingdon however will have the ability to travel across the county as required.
We believe in giving young people and their families choice, control and flexibility in how they manage their support needs, and the right to access inclusive services and be part of their own community.
This is a great opportunity for you to work within a diverse and supportive team who will empower you to make important decisions and find creative solutions to challenging situations.
Interested in finding out more? If you want to find out more about this exciting opportunity please contact Joanne Reed, Team Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01480 372455.
This is a rolling campaign and we check applications daily, don’t wait to apply!
In Children’s Services we have a new Executive Director (DCS), new Service Directors, a new Principal Social Worker, and we have separated from Peterborough Children’s Services. Big changes, huh! This gives us an amazing opportunity to reshape what we do and how we do it, and to put Cambridgeshire back on the map. Why not be part of it?
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We support flexible working requests from day one of employment and so we are open to discussing different working patterns to help you bring your best self to work.
We’re looking for a confident and dynamic individual whom enjoys building relationships and helping to support the most vulnerable children and young people in our county.
• Be a qualified Social Worker with a Social Work England registration
• Have the ability to work from a variety of locations and travel countywide independently
• Be at least 1 year post qualified and have experience of Statutory Safeguarding Practice
• Be able to demonstrate an understanding of SEND legislation and processes
In return we will give you
• Excellent support and supervision
• Confidence to grow, develop and build your skills
• A highly creative and dynamic team of people to work with
For a full list of the requirements of the role, please check out the Job Description & Person Specification.
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.