At J B Riney, our people are our company. The way in which we treat our people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work.
J B Riney is a long- established Civil Engineering company who have operated in the Greater London area for nearly 40 years. Working alongside many Local Authorities and Councils, our well-earned reputation is built on local knowledge, reliability, quality products and services as well as a customer focused delivery.
We are looking for a Skilled Surfacing Operative to join our team based in Bow, London.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Surfacing Supervisor, the purpose of this role will be to work as a member of a Surfacing team and you will be responsible for:
- Operating specific plant and carrying out site tasks as required
- Adhering to on site Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times
- Reporting any near misses to line manager
- Ensuring all plant is safely and securely stored in designated parking area at the end of each shift
- Ensuring all work is completed to the highest standard and complies with contract specifications
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will ideally possess previous experience of Road Surfacing. They will also:
- Have ability/experience to operate specific plant (Pavers, rollers, JCB 2CX)
- Work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be motivated
- Be flexible in their working approach
- Relevant machine operator competence certificates
- Manual handling
- Appropriate NVQ
- CSCS card holder
Salary: Fantastic Salary + Benefits
Location: London, London, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/102/846