Card Factory is the UK’s leading specialist retailer of greetings cards, dressings, and gifts with over one thousand stores across the UK and Ireland. In 2020 we launched our exciting 5-year business strategy including our vision of becoming a technology-enabled Omni-channel retailer. This strategy sees significant investment into our IT team with a number of opportunities available to join a fast-paced environment and be part of our IT and digital journey. Our vertically integrated business will provide candidates the opportunity to work across multiple technology disciplines and to provide innovation for the next phase of our growth. If you are passionate about technology and how that can deliver real business value, now is the time to join Card Factory and be part of our exciting journey!
Working as part of an existing IT Service Desk Team, the SD Analysts provide efficient and effective technical support to all users across the Card Factory Group; in response to IT issues raised via phone, email and in person.
- To act as the first point of contact for Card Factory users and suppliers for all IT support queries and issues.
- Ensure that all Incidents and Service Requests are logged correctly in the IT Service Management Tool.
- Provide support for end-user devices, printers, peripherals, MS Office, and bespoke applications and user connection issues.
- Work closely with users and other IT support teams to ensure incidents and requests are resolved within agreed SLA’s
- Assign or escalate issues to the appropriate team/third party for assistance when required
- Provide updates to end-users on the progress of their request/incident
- Proactively identify, investigate and monitor incident trends and work with Service Management and other IT Teams to help prevent the recurrence of repeat issues.
- Undertake user administration and access management tasks
- Liaise with third party support partners to ensure timely response to incidents and requests
- Take ownership of incidents and requests from receipt through to resolution, ensuring detailed information is recorded on actions taken to resolve.
- Proactively identify service improvement initiatives.
- Provide input into and complete knowledgebase articles.
- To follow the Incident Management and Request Fulfilment Process
- Work on a Team shift rota to cover the required service support hours.
- Previous experience working on an IT Service Desk in an ITIL environment
- Have a good understanding/ proficiency in MS office suite applications, desktop operating systems, and server administration
- Experience of Adobe and Antivirus software
- Experience of Exchange / Active directory (i.e. Account creations, password resets, creation of groups, etc.)
- Understanding of network concepts e.g. DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, and TCP/IP protocols
- Basic networking skills e.g. LAN/WAN/VPN support
- Experience working in a high call volume environment.
- Motivated individual with a positive ‘can-do attitude.
- Great team player
- Good analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours when required to support the team in resolving major incidents or during peak trading periods
- Works well under pressure and can multi-task
- The ideal candidate will also hold a full clean driving licence as travel between-group sites may be required.
The successful candidate will join us at an exciting time, with the IT Department central to the delivery of the company’s new 5-year strategy. With the correct mind-set and capabilities, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a real difference and to develop their skills and experience whilst we embark on a transformation journey.
Competitive salary and benefits package