Shift Hours: Up to 42 hour – 0
Up to 42 hours per week
£12.58 Hourly Rate (£ 26,166.00 per annum for full time)
Do you dare to make a difference?
We know working in care is more than ‘just a job’. To us its playing a crucial role in enabling the people we support to live their best lives.
Senior Support Worker Role and Responsibilities:
- To assist the senior management to assess people we support needs, with a Person-Centered Framework and the Supporting People Initiative.
- Assist to facilitate and support the people we support to integrate within their local community.
- Identifying training needs of other staff and co-ordinate training initiatives in consultation with the Registered Manager.
- Working with people we support to initiate and develop new ideas and methods regarding the quality of service delivery in conjunction with other colleagues.
- Keep up-to-date with changes by participating in discussions, training sessions and workshops when required to do so.
- Have a full understanding of Care Standards.
- Maintain a high standard of professional conduct and morale by encouraging and motivating staff morale by personal example, and appearance.
- Assist the management with the co-ordination, supervision and monitoring of staff work and practices
- Co-ordinate the arrangements of resident appointments
- Assist management to organise regular (monthly) House meetings
- Administer medications when required, in line with prescription guidelines
The Ideal candidate will have:
- A Level 3 in Health and Social care
- Experience supporting adults with mental health conditions and/or learning disabilities.
- Mentoring others in a team.
We are recruiting for our Caulden Place Service.
Our Cauldon Place service is made up of both shared and single occupancy flats in the heart of Stoke-in-Trent. Our services are home to adults with mental health conditions, learning disabilities and complex needs.
Here is a clip of what it’s like to work at Shelton Care – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83-KV7ojb0k
National Care Group are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for us.