Salary: Competitive salary + excellent benefits package
Shift hours: Full Time
We have a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Fine Dining Chef to join our first-class team at the prestigious Ascot Racecourse.
In this diverse role, you will be able to use your creative skill set and imagination to work collaboratively as part of some of the best culinary experts in the sector!
We strive to be trend leaders and continuously work to develop and improve the Fine Dining food proposition, ensuring that our offer remains Market Leading and consumer relevant. This is your opportunity to be innovative, supporting menu design, product specification and lead on Menu tastings for our prestigious restaurants.
You will be part of a small, experienced culinary team but be able to lead a large Raceday Casual Brigade to ensure consistency and quality are at the heart of everything we do.
You will have experience in Fine Dining Food Production, have a passionate interest in developing innovative dishes and have knowledge of current trends.
This is a fantastic permanent position with opportunities for further career progression within a global organisation. It would suit a pro-active individual looking to further develop your career within the Events industry, offering exposure to large scale events and the wider Sodexo business.
- To lead the culinary Fine Dining team for all Racedays and key event dates, having the ability to scale up to meet the demands of the busier race meetings, where we can expect 70,000 guests on site per day
- Plan and design menus with the guidance of the Executive Head Chef
- Support Retail, Boxes and Conference and Events business throughout the year
- Support our Major Events business and attend Sodexo sites to support key events
- To ensure consistency of both Client and Customer feedback
- Ensure menu specifications are detailed, costed and delivered to a consistent standard, meeting the Company standards and the contract specification
- Ensure compliance to all statutory regulations relating to safe systems of work, Health & Safety, and Food Safety, adhering to best practice principles
- Ensure all allergen management is compliant
- Coach, train and develop the culinary team, including casual workers, to ensure the Ascot standards are always maintained
- Ensure exceptional audit scores are achieved across the Fine Dining restaurants
- Ensure labour costs and food costs are controlled within agreed parameters
- Previous Sous Chef or Head Chef in a high-end operation
- Experience in the delivery of Fine Dining food operations, 3 Years Minimum as a culinary lead
- Central Production Kitchen knowledge and experience
- Food Safety Level 2 as a minimum
- Ability to lead by example
- Experience of coaching and training others
- Understanding of menu costing and budget control, gained through previous experience
- Passion to innovate
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to manage peaks and troughs
Location: Ascot, England