We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Duty/Intake Social Worker to join our amazing social work team. This role will triage referrals which come via Jewish Care’s Helpline, health and social care workers and people accessing our Hubs, to identify initial key areas of support to adults in the Jewish Community, responding to need and risk, via a holistic assessment. They will prioritise and assess urgency, implement initial strategies, work multi-disciplinary and respond in a quick and timely manner, whilst developing links with key provisions in the locality, including Social Services and community resources.
This post is working 3 days per week Monday – Wednesday.
Jewish Care’s Social Work and Community Support team is a leader in its field, recognised for its outstanding work with individuals and groups. You will be joining a friendly, creative, and supportive team, developing and sharing your skills, in a fast-paced environment.
What you will be doing:
- Triaging referrals from the Helpline, assessing urgency and risk
- Enabling and supporting adults in the Jewish Community
- Supervising Social Workers, Social Work Students and Volunteers
- Leading on projects to increase collaboration and multi-disciplined work
- Identifying key issues in the community, responding to need and working with others to develop new opportunities (e.g., activities, learning and co-production events)
- Leading multi-disciplinary meetings, both internally and externally
- Prioritising work in accordance with complexity and level of risk
- Working with local authorities and other health and social care agencies to build and develop positive working relationships.
- Representing Jewish Care in various health and social care platforms and sharing information with colleagues.
What you will need:
Social work qualification and registration with Social Work England
Qualification in Supervision/Practice Education
Experience in managing social work caseloads and supervising others
Experience in working with adults in a social care context
Experience of community and/or group work
Knowledge of adult health and social care systems, agencies, and relevant legislation
An interest or knowledge of the Jewish Community