Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 2,500 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff and Manchester offices
To support the wider growth and strategic objectives of the business, we are looking for a senior pricing analyst who will be focused on operating and maintaining the Bank’s product pricing models, delivering pricing solutions for targeted products that are fair for customers and deliver the commercial and strategic goals of Starling Bank. As a senior analyst, you will use outputs to assist with the preparation of Product Pricing proposals and analysis to the wider business and have oversight of implementation, communication and governance supported by the Senior Pricing Manager. You will lead on the production of monitoring packs including actual profit/returns against budget and variance analysis to inform of product pricing changes where necessary. You will also look to make process improvements and assist with the development of a robust Pricing governance framework. You will be a key point of contact for lending / product managers and work with them to develop pricing models and approaches that enhance the ability to accurately price lending according to the risks presented. You will also have a can-do attitude and approach to working and assisting with the wider Asset Management team.
This role will sit within the Commercial division of the Asset Management team reporting into the Senior Pricing Manager, and will work closely with the broader Asset Management, as well as the Bank’s Data team. Collaboration with the Finance team and Second Line Risk team will also be required from time to time.
Starling continues to grow its asset base at pace through a number of origination channels and this role will give you the opportunity to be part of one of the most exciting FinTechs during a pivotal phase of growth.
- Operating and maintaining the product pricing models
- Regular analysis and monitoring of lending asset returns
- Communicating variance against expectation to relevant stakeholders
- Providing input into the Bank’s wider forecasting models where appropriate
- Regular analysis of new business to identify trends / patterns that could influence pricing analysis and decisions
- Analysis and pricing of inorganic acquisition opportunities
- Coaching less experienced members of the team
- 3 years experience working in a pricing and / or financial modelling role (within a lending business / bank)
- Demonstrate an understanding of capital / liquidity requirements for lending assets, and of P&L and balance sheet components of lending assets with experience in monitoring and communicating key performance indicators (KPIs) and advanced performance measures (APMs).
- Demonstrate an ability to develop and maintain effective relationships both within the company and the wider business environment in order to achieve objectives
- Demonstrate strong experience of loan portfolio analytics and strong MS application skills, particularly excel
- Strong ability to interrogate data and discuss the implications of the outputs
- Experience of running Python models and programming skills such as SQL, Python (preferable but not required)
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in a team with a flat structure and function well in a fast-paced, startup environment
Interviewing is a two way process and we want you to have the time and opportunity to get to know us, as much as we are getting to know you! Our interviews are conversational and we want to get the best from you, so come with questions and be curious.
In general you can expect the below, following a chat with one of our Talent Acquisition team:
Stage 1 – 30 minute interview with our Senior Pricing Manager
Stage 2 – 1 hour interview with our Commercial Director – Asset Management and Senior Pricing Manager. This stage will include a task which we will give you prior to the interview. We’ll then ask you to present and discuss your findings within the interview.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary & group income protection
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Incentivised refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.