Salary: £57,010 – £85,510
What You’ll Be Doing
A pivotal role, the Senior Practice Manager for Information & Cyber Security makes sure that our team of security consultants deliver a world class security service and support to our technology portfolios.
The role is responsible for ensuring that the Practice has a highly capable and motivated workforce with an emphasis on talent management development and coaching to ensure the team are engaged and performing at their optimal level. The role focuses on developing the skills and capabilities required for operating effectively within agile teams, ensuring opportunities for personal growth and stretch . The role also covers effective talent and succession pipelines.
The role is critical in defining goals and objectives – both for the team as well as within the portfolios, as well as driving forward a clearly articulated, re-imagined future security state through innovative use of technology and agile ways of working.
The Practice Manager works closely with the Technology Leadership to deliver the future state, with a focus on early and incremental release of value. This is underpinned by your fostering of an inclusive environment where people feel safe to speak up, voice concerns and suggest ideas. Your strong planning, communication, and presentation skills along with your experience in agile ways of working will be critical to your engagement with stakeholders, and to the success of your practice.
To be in successful in this role you’ll need to be a motivational, articulate and visible leader across CBS, as you combine a strong set of soft skills such as communication, influencing, leadership, negotiation, conflict resolution and pragmatism with an excellent broad knowledge of cyber security.
You will be an authentic ‘servant leader’ who takes responsibility for enabling the organisation’s success and achieving the Society’s shared goals through the Technology function.
You are adept at seeking input from others to test assumptions, challenge thinking and bring in new perspectives, and are passionate about making a difference,ensuring that the best business outcomes and customer experience are achieved.
With great resilience, you maintain energy and enthusiasm and embrace situations positively. Emotional intelligence helps you understand your impact on others, and you take the time to help others to operate at their best.
- Experience working in security teams, and operating outwardly into the business
- Technical skills and experience appropriate to the Practice individuals will lead:
- Broad knowledge of cyber security domains, including but not limited to technical security, cloud, risk management and governance, security architecture, relevant standards such as ISO 27001 / NIST.
- Experience in leading a team of highly skilled security consultants, both permanent and contractors.
- Demonstrable track record of engaging with stakeholders to broker pragmatic security outcomes
- Adept at operating in fast changing agile environments such as sAFE
- Ability to translate complex technical ideas into simple, clear and concise information that those outside the team can easily understand
- Be highly skilled in research and information discovery, to support clear decisions when the ‘answer’ is not obvious
- Navigate and co-ordinate complex competing objectives across the business to reach acceptable outcomes for all
- Able to calmly negotiate with and influence both delivery teams and business partners, acting in everyone’s best interests
- Able to promote and coach on Agile Practices and Values, and live these every day.
- Coaching, developing and inspiring individuals to drive great results and outcomes.
- Able to quantify resource requirements, measure and communicate proposed outcomes, value, benefits and risks.
- Strong belief in culture of learning and continuous improvement to enhance performance and operation.Takes personal responsibility for identifying and actioning personal development needs to improve performance.
- An advocate for career paths and identifying development opportunities for members of the Information & Cyber Security Practice; takes positive steps to to incubate and grow the talent pool.
Coventry Building Society has grown into the second largest building society in the UK. Despite being a national Society, it keeps its local values and loyalty, and its caring family ethos.
The best way to judge a company is based on what the people who work there say and our recent employee survey has resulted in us being named as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing by Great Place to Work.
We offer not only fulfilling jobs and exciting career opportunities but a place where everyone can belong and feel proud to work. What makes us such a rich and progressive place to work is the diversity of our workforce.
And of course, we don’t pretend that what you do for us is all there is to you. We want you to bring your whole self to work – parent, carer, artist, triathlete, introvert… whatever it is that makes you YOU. We offer the balance to make sure you have plenty of time to do the things you need or want to do alongside work, because we know that’s how you are able to be your best.