We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference – If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people’s lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
About the role
Boniface House provides exceptional levels of support in residential and Dementia care.
It is situated in Brixworth Northampton and it offers a wonderful living environment in which our residents can enjoy an enhanced quality of life
We have teams of friendly and committed staff who provide the highest level of dementia care and residential care.
With our great accommodation and facilities and a programme of activities, our care home evoke a home from home atmosphere in which our residents can feel comfortable, content and very well cared for.
What will you be doing?
As a Shift Leader you will supervise the team in monitoring and administering medication, personal care as directed by the residents individual care plan. Helping maintain health and wellbeing.
Managing and leading a shift whilst communicating with families and health professionals, acting in a timely manner to solve any issues in the absence of your manager.
You along with the management team you will be allocated a number of care staff in which you will supervise and support whilst providing the “best in service”.
Shifts:7.15am-2.45pm & 2pm-9.30pm, alternate weekends (Sunday Enhancement). 37 Hours per week
- Do you have experience of delivering outstanding care and support as a Care Shift Leader?
- Enjoy supervising a team?
- Wish to develop further, perhaps?
- Have an NVQ level 2 in Health & Social care or equivalent?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Career development and training opportunities
Our team’s learning and development is very important to us. It ensures we have the right people, with the right skills, doing the right job. We are committed to career development and have a variety of career pathways, for those who want to progress or specialise.
All new starters are required to complete the Care Certificate, if not already completed previously, alongside mandatory training within their induction period. Courses are updated throughout your employment.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government
reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey
to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great
place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to
make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance,
Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with
ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail,
and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A
place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and
challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.