Who are we?
We are Motorpoint, the UK’s leading omnichannel car retailor of nearly new cars. We have ambitious plans to make car buying as easy as possible in whatever way our customers want. Online? We deliver. In store? We deliver. At home? We deliver (we literally do)
You will be joining Motorpoint during a very exciting time, as we are undergoing a massive digital transformation and are continuing to expand across the UK. This means you will have the opportunity to positively impact, build and influence the growth of the company.
We believe that by creating a fantastic place to work for our colleagues, we will create the best possible experience for our customers and that will fuel the growth of our amazing business and the careers and opportunities for our colleagues.
So if you want to work with an amazing group of people, who are fun, friendly and get stuff done and who bring our values to life – PROUD, HAPPY, HONEST, SUPPORTIVE – by working TOGETHER, than Motorpoint is the place to be and we are on a mission!
Senior Brand Manager
Motorpoint PLC is looking for an exceptional Senior Brand Manager to lead the brand strategy and bring the brand to life for our customers and the business. You will be responsible for the production and optimisation of our brand assets across all channels. Working with our media and creative agencies and internal colleagues, you will deliver creative solutions and media plans to drive market share, spontaneous awareness and marketing efficiencies. You will lead the ATL (primarily TV, radio, OOH, BVOD) strategy planning and execution but oversee all awareness driving activity ensuring our teams understand our customer segments and that the right message is hitting the right customer at the right time. You will bring customer and market insight into the business to shape future business direction and decision making.
As a senior member of the marketing team, you will work across the business to ensure that the brand is represented and communicated consistently and that we optimise every opportunity to increase brand exposure and awareness across our marketing mix. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to make their mark by shaping an important function within the marketing department.
Location: Hybrid – Derby Office once or twice a week
Salary: Circa 60k (Dependent on experience)
What will you be getting up to?
- Extensive experience of implementing, creating and executing awareness driving strategies across all channels, taking ownership for the planning, delivery and execution of all ATL activity including TV, radio, press, OOH and media partnerships at both national and local levels
- Proven experience of building a brand, launching and embedding into the company BAU
- Creative, able to turn a brief into a multi-channel campaign that delivers against our awareness, sales and market share targets.
- Experience of producing TV and radio creative is a must
- Experience of establishing customer profiles and bringing them to life. Working across the brand and digital teams to ensure we are developing comms to communicate the right message to the right customer at the right time across all channels
- Strong commercial acumen, able to build and manage multi million pound budgets
- A deep consumer and commercial understanding of brand performance, able to produce weekly and monthly reports and full campaign analysis to share both within the Marketing team and SLT
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of brand and campaign activity constantly learning and adapting the plans to improve performance and deliver against the overall strategies
- Lead our econometrics and brand tracking activity as well as customer and market research at micro and macro level to understand and inform the SLT of future impact on our business
- Being our brand guardian, ensuring the brand continues to remain relevant and updating as and when required. Working with our internal design team and creative agencies to develop and approve all new campaign and brand templates. Working with the wider marketing team (and business functions ie HR) ensure all assets adhere to the brand guidelines. Challenge and hold people to account where necessary
- Seek out trends, opportunities and challenges in the automotive retail industry
- Confident communicator, able to influence key stakeholders and communicate the brand and ATL strategic direction, ideas, plans, campaigns to all colleagues across the business
- Effectively manage agency relationships within budget and to agreed timescales to achieve maximum benefit for the business
- Strong leadership qualities, able to bring the brand to life across the business,
- Line management responsibilities for the Brand Marketing Manager ensuring all work is delivered on time and on brand
- Personal leadership, responsible for driving own results
What do we need from you?
- Experienced in a senior marketing role, in particular brand and retail marketing
- Well organised, with a logical approach and the ability to prioritise accordingly
- Analytical, able us reporting dashboards such as GA, BI reports, search console and econometrics, and to turn data into insight. Thorough and persistent, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Open minded, willing to give and receive feedback to improve performance
- Able to take responsibility for their own actions and decisions
- Creative with a growth mindset
What’s in it for you?
- Paid time off every month to do something that makes you happy – yep that’s right!
- Days off for your birthday, getting married or moving house
- Discounts & cashback at hundreds of high street retailers & restaurants through our “My M.O.T” platform
- Staff discount of cars and finance options
- Cycle to work
- Quarterly Team nights out
- Additional holidays for length of service
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Long service awards
- Plus much more!